Thinking of financing a mx54

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #1  

Jrasband

Gold Member
Tractor
2022 Kubota M7060, 2014 LS XR3032, 1987 Case IH 585 4wd, BCS 853 w/ 26" tires
Hello all,

I am strongly considering getting a 4x4 MX54 gear drive open staion. The quote I got from my local Kubota dealership quoted me $37,200 base price with front-end loader. Does this sound reasonable. Should I call around to other dealers to see if there is any different offer? Is there any negotiating on the price with them? This is my first time buying a new piece of equipment so I am not sure what my options are.

We would also be getting a trailer in the package as well. It is 20'x83" double 10,000lb axle tow behind with ramps - this is $5,500.

Options I am considering :
3rd function for front end loader - $1,200

top - n - tilt $1,000( I have used this on a few tractors and it is very handy. Is it possible to use this option as a rear remote as well? Meaning when I need a rear remote I would remove the cylinder, and put in a regular link. Then I would have the ports where the top - n - tilt plug in available for rear remote. What do y'all think
It would also be nice to have a second remote, but they are each $1,200!

Are the remotes something I could add and save some cost?

Possibly getting a canopy. Maybe they'll negotiate to at least throw this in lol?

Thinking about 7 pin connector(this is only 150 bucks and if it means I can control trailer brakes it seems like a good investment.

Is heavy duty bucket worth the extra money $1,200. The guy at Kubota told me they usually just sell the bolt on tooth bar for $500 instead and that this reinforces the bucket.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #2  
I bought a like new MX5200 HST last summer. I had priced the MX5400 at the dealer with a loader, gannon, top & side tilt for 46k. No top & no front 3rd function. Prices are high but I think you are buying a very good tractor.
My tractor has the bucket cutting edge added and 3 rear remotes. Both are neccessities
I got lucky and saved a bunch buying the MX5200 barely used with cold hard cash.
The trialer price you quoted is quite reasonable.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #3  
You need at least 2 rear remotes if you want both hydraulic top link AND tilt link. Definitely get two remotes (or three). Adding them yourself after purchase is definitely possible, but often a pain. I'd let the dealer handle it unless you're very handy with hydraulic projects.

I would certainly get total, itemized quotes for the same tractor and options from at least one more dealer. And did you build the machine online on the kubota website and compare that price?

Sure you don't want hydrostatic trans? Gear becomes a real pain when doing loader work...

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #4  
All good advice above.

From what I see around here, that $37,200 price looks to be about average. You might do better shopping around but consider the future. It could save you time and money down the road if you establish a good working relationship with a local dealer.

I added a second and third rear remote on my old L3430 using OEM parts and it wound up costing more than having the dealer do it. It was also quite a bit of work.

IMO, the hydrostatic trans is worth every penny. Considers how you plan to use the tractor.

I had problems with the OEM top & tilt kit on my MX5800. I wound up returning it and bought one from Fit Rite Hydraulics. That was 4 years ago so hopefully, Kubota has worked out the kinks.

Hope this helps and good luck!

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #5  
+3 on HST. Thank me later.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #6  
My top and tilt kit is 2018 factory no problems... it's a little quick but I've gotten used to it. Certainly no failures. The MX line have a class II rear end which is heavier duty than the L line. The MX line is a more stripped down utility tractor. I don't think any dealer is gonna discount the list price much right now with the supply problem and spring around the corner. One variable might be finance rates... You might go to your credit union etc. Generally borrowign $ now is going to cost more than you want, IF Kubota financing they require their equipment insurance rider. Which I was quoted for about $50 a month - So a private source loan could save that insurance or 600 a yr. and you still have the Kubota warranty. I've never bought extended auto warranty either... told the dealer if I need this I don't need to buy your car or truck. lol
MX HST is a great utility tractor - you will love it.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #7  
check into the Kubota remotes. You can run your top and tilt with then, nothing aftermarket needed. Also agree with the HST trans.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #8  
Add me to the HST list.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #9  
I will admit that if you are coming from a straight set of side by side forward and reverse pedals the HST unisex pedal is boing to be a bit awkward at first. It identifies as forward when you stomp the front end and it identifies as reverse when you stomp the back side. Assuming you can find it without looking this works out better than you might think once you get used to her.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54
Thanks for your thoughts. Yeah I know how amazing the HST is, as I have been working a job at which I have the pleasure of using a Kioti 2601 HST. It is so much better than gear when doing loader or grading work, especially when I zig zag back and forth.

With HST, 3rd function, two remotes, and top n tilt, this puts the tractor at around $43,000, I believe.

At this point I have realized (after using the 2610 hst) that it would be good to keep my LS (as long as I get it running well after delete). When working on slopes, assisting a mini x, working in small terraces in the woods, I think the LS will be better than a MX54. Obviously, there are some applications in which the mx54 would do better. Since I am considering keeping the LS, I would have to think more about making longer-term payments since I would only have the Case IH to sell to put towards the cost of the trailer and MX54.

It seems like I could get a good 90-00 utility loader 4wd tractor for around 22-25k. Am I correct on this? I am definitely wanting shuttle and wet clutch. This seems to be up to $15k less than we would pay if we were to get the mx54. It would also need to be financed, which would prob be 5-7%.

I still need a trailer, and if we get the kubota, we can get 2.5% interest on the trailer alongside the kubota tractor. A trailer from Rural King is at least 5% interest. My wife does not like interest.

A lot to kick around... I would love a new tractor. It should last a lifetime. The Kubota offer is very tempting because of their interest rate - I see this as one reason why so many people buy Kubota.

Last edited: