Thinking of financing a mx54

/ Thinking of financing a mx54
About to sign the contract m7060, I am thinking of swapping the bucket for a 4 n 1 bucket. I know people say they are not as good as a grapple but since I am getting a new tractor, and I can swap out the bucket for the 4 n 1 it is tempting. It will be nice to have a versatile bucket and not have to swap from a bucket to grapple to bucket, especially on a jobsite.
Is there anything that you would do only with a standard bucket? I saw someone said they won't dig with a 4 n 1, why?

I want the bucket to be as wide as the tractor and with the wheels set out I need a 84" bucket. a 84" 4n1 bucket I imagine weighs 1,000lbs. How full of a bucket am i going to be able to lift with the 4 n 1?

Last edited:
   / Thinking of financing a mx54 #72  
About to sign the contract, I am thinking of swapping the bucket for a 4 n 1 bucket. I know people say they are not as good as a grapple but since I am getting a new tractor, and I can swap out the bucket for the 4 n 1 it is tempting. It will be nice to have a versatile bucket and not have to swap from a bucket to grapple to bucket, especially on a jobsite.
Is there anything that you would do only with a standard bucket? I saw someone said they won't dig with a 4 n 1, why?

I want the bucket to be as wide as the tractor and with the wheels set out I need a 84" bucket. a 84" bucket I imagine weighs 1,000lbs. How full of a bucket am i going to be able to lift with the 4 n 1?
I bought my [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] with a bucket. Then bought a Bobcat LoPro bucket and built a Grapple on it. My Ford TLB has a 4n1 bucket. If I didn't have a tractor with a Grapple I'd say the 4n1 is very valuable. But since I do, I'll just say it's convenient. If working around debris or brush it's very easy to pick it up with the 4n1. Or if cleaning up an area with a stable surface I can leave less than a couple 5 gallon buckets full of debris with the 4n1.

The best part of your plan is you will end up with the necessary hydraulics on the FEL to run a Grapple if you decide in the future to get one.

Go for the 4n1 at a minimum. A simple straight bucket is very limited as to what it can do. Especially if your FEL has 3rd function hydraulics.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54
Yeah I am thinking that for a minumum it will be well worth to upgrade to the 4n1.