Pup trailers

/ Pup trailers #101  
Do you use side dump trailers in North America ? As said before, we dont see them in Holland because our law allows 50 ton rigid truck GVW, but in Eastern Europe i see them a lot:

/ Pup trailers
Do you use side dump trailers in North America ? As said before, we dont see them in Holland because our law allows 50 ton rigid truck GVW, but in Eastern Europe i see them a lot:

Of course we do lol….we arent a 3rd world nation…..(YET)
I saw a lot of them being used in Western states I visited in summer of ‘21 on a large road building project. They were the “tub” type rounded inside corner type dumps.

1643549335034.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Pup trailers #103  
It often depends on where you are, what kind of trucks and trailers are popular. In the western states, belly dumps are very common. As you get closer to the West Coast, you see more side dumps. In the Midwest, you see lots of end dump trucks pulling trailers. But, you can see about anything being used if you look hard enough. Railroad contractors often times have end dump trucks with a turntable so they can dump to the side.

/ Pup trailers #105  

We had several of the type Hay Dude posted. One driver was injured driving one once. He was hauling large quarried rock, eight to twelve rocks per 60,000# load. He was supposed to wait for an excavator to sort of curl over the top and act as a sort of roll over guard. He didn't and the off center load flipped the truck before the rock started to move. He had taken off his seat belt and got thrown around a bit in the cab. The only damage to the truck was some scratches and a broken mirror. Last I heard, he is no longer driving.

/ Pup trailers #106  
Pretty simple - apply the trailer brake handle (johnny bar) and the brake lights come on - which begs the question: Have you ever driven an American truck on American roads? Or are you just speculating?:unsure:
Uh, not every tractor has a trailer brake handle. At least none of Old Dominion's trucks did when I drove for them back in 03'-04'.

/ Pup trailers #107  
Uh, not every tractor has a trailer brake handle. At least none of Old Dominion's trucks did when I drove for them back in 03'-04'.
I never saw a truck equipped to pull an air brake trailer that didn't have one. Those must have been special order.

/ Pup trailers #108  
I never saw a truck equipped to pull an air brake trailer that didn't have one. Those must have been special order.

It’s an option when ordering a truck.

/ Pup trailers #109  
Of course we do lol….we arent a 3rd world nation…..(YET)
I saw a lot of them being used in Western states I visited in summer of ‘21 on a large road building project. They were the “tub” type rounded inside corner type dumps.

View attachment 731566
I know these, but this isnt a rigid truck with a pup trailer...

/ Pup trailers #110  

My F-750 doesn’t have one. Then again pulling a trailer wasn’t it’s main purpose.