Pressure Washer Recommendations?

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations?
. Always use non ethanol fuels, either remove the ethanol yourself or purchase the premixed non ethanol 2-stroke chainsaw fuels. These fuels can be stored for upto 5 years, compared to 4 months for ethanol fuel. And the additional lubrication in these premixed fuels benefits your small gas engines.

In the case of the Stihl 600 PW, Stihl sells stabilized 93 octane ethanol-free 4 stroke fuel by the gallon container. Purchase one at the time of PW purchase and they double your warranty to 4 years. For my limited use 2-3 times a year, I'm OK paying the premium all the time to know the fuel is good.

Last edited:
   / Pressure Washer Recommendations? #23  
   / Pressure Washer Recommendations?
I actually gave that same electric model to my daughter, it's perfect for her townhouse. I borrowed it this summer to clean a 12' landscape trailer and while it did an OK job it seemed to take forever as I had to hold the tip very close to the work surface due to the limited pressure and volume. Plus, it states right on it not to use with an extension cord (presumably due to the GFI) and I need to be able to work 100' from my house.

thanks

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #25  
Most important thing is for it to have a cat type pump, not axial. Rigid makes a nice one, with Subaru engine

Those would be leftover pressure washers since Subaru shut down their small engine and industrial tool line in October of 2017

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #26  
Washed equipment today (shirtless) with the return of summer. Blizzard on weekend! Annoys me, how the cold pressure washer blasts grease onto othr areas of the machine. Also, certain greasy areas around zerks are just nasty and the washer won't touch them at all.

Bought a big used GERMAN Diesel Fired (WAPP) electric pump, washer at auction a year ago, cheap, and have a new a thousand dollar steam coil sitting in a Niagara Falls NY shipping depot, since February, that I can't get! I have an old Steam Genny, so dangerous, I don't care to use it. I have never used a HOT water pressure washer and was looking forward to this project.

Last edited:
   / Pressure Washer Recommendations? #27  
I have a Stihl pressure washer . Gas. It starts first pull after sitting in the basement all winter. My neighbor uses it when he comes up to his vacation house. He loves it too. And if something goes wrong the place I bought it can fix it or get parts, unlike the big box stores.

Not sure what you mean.
Parts for my box store Briggs and Stratton Pro 3400 with Annovi Reverberi pump after 14 years are still easy to get. (not that I ever needed any)
Brigg Vangaurd 9 hp engine parts are easy to get, same with Annovi Reverberi XMV3G32pump.https://www.amazon.com/Pump-Piston-...rds=xmv3g32&qid=1604536578&sr=8-8&tag=mh0b-20
https://www.amazon.com/AR-America-X...rds=xmv3g32&qid=1604537465&sr=8-1&tag=mh0b-20

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #28  
Washed equipment today (shirtless) with the return of summer. Blizzard on weekend! Annoys me, how the cold pressure washer blasts grease onto othr areas of the machine. Also, certain greasy areas around zerks are just nasty and the washer won't touch them at all.

Bought a big used GERMAN Diesel Fired (WAPP) electric pump, washer at auction a year ago, cheap, and have a new a thousand dollar steam coil sitting in a Niagara Falls NY shipping depot, since February, that I can't get! I have an old Steam Genny, so dangerous, I don't care to use it. I have never used a HOT water pressure washer and was looking forward to this project.

You will LOVE your hot pressure washer when you eventually get it running!
I don't use my cold water washers on anything greasy....just a waste of time and effort!
Very frustrating to just blast the grease from one place to another.

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #29  
I've had exactly two pressure washers in 30+ years. First one was a Craftsman that cost me $350 (with coupons lol). It had a Reverberi pump on it (all brass) and worked excellent for at least 10 years. But the pump blowoff valve (releases the pressure when you let go of the handle) quit working so the only way i could use it for a year or so (or 5) was to start and run continuously. It worked that way for a while but I eventually found a replacement unit from Home Depot. A Excell 2500 unit with one of those new fangled push-pull motion pumps. It worked good for about another 10 years and started doing the same thing as the first one with the blow off valve not working. Eventually the pump "disintegrated" into chunks on the floor. But, with it there were replacement pumps available as a "kit" to repower the water pump head. I replaced the assembly and it's still working fine with the Honda 5hp engine on it. As for the first one I eventually did get replacement parts to fix it and it still is around but at our family farm. I haven't used it lately so don't know the status but it's still around.

So, if you have a need to repair one of these things as they engines seem to keep going forever, you can get parts to repair them it seems. Especially the cheap ones as people want to keep them going and they sold thousands and thousands of them.

Steve

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #30  
@JohnKN - have a need for a generator? For those times when you need to be further away, run the PW off the generator.

Power isn’t so much a problem, I have portable generators, but I don’t have a portable water source, so hose is my limiting factor. I guess with a 300g tote and a generator I could PW most anywhere.