Pressure Washer Recommendations?

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #11  
Well, I recommend Karcher... both petrol and electric. Honda engine, brass fittings, excellent quality.

My electric Karcher hasn't let me down.

The choice of the Royal Australian Air Force for aircraft wash-down. Unknown if that includes the Fleet Air Arm or Army Aviation, but I wouldn't be surprised due to commonality of equipment.

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #12  
I've owned a Briggs and Stratton Pro 3400 for 14 years.
3400 PSI, 9 HP Vanguard, Annovi/Reveberi tri plex pump (pump made in Italy)
Nice unit.

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #13  
I've owned a Briggs and Stratton Pro 3400 for 14 years.
3400 PSI, 9 HP Vanguard, Annovi/Reveberi tri plex pump (pump made in Italy)
Nice unit.

I have a Stihl pressure washer . Gas. It starts first pull after sitting in the basement all winter. My neighbor uses it when he comes up to his vacation house. He loves it too. And if something goes wrong the place I bought it can fix it or get parts, unlike the big box stores.

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations?
Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll figure this out. Thinking about the Stihl too as I have a good relationship with my local dealer and they happen to be my Kubota dealer. :thumbsup: Thanks

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #15  
Four stroke? What does Stihl use for an engine?

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations?
Four stroke? What does Stihl use for an engine?

The Stihl 600 uses a 4-stroke 7hp Kohler engine. 3200psi/3GPM. Standard 2 year warranty becomes a 4 year warranty if you buy a gallon container of their fuel once at the time of product purchase. MSRP is about $950 and if there's an issue I can take it to them a few miles from my home for service.

The Simpson PW I purchased 3 years ago and used 30 minutes before it expired had a Honda engine, but proceeded to blow half it's pump across my garage floor as I was cleaning it about 30 minutes into the job.

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #18  
I'm looking for another gas powered pressure washer. At age 65, if I need a big job done like washing my house, etc. I generally pay a pro to do it, but 2-3 times a year I might want to do something myself. My last 2 in the $500 price range were both POSs. I'm willing to spend $800-1000 for a washer that will last. I always maintain them properly, never start them dry, cycle stabilized fuel and pump lube / winterizer through them before winter storage, but the last 2 were terrible and a struggle to start and run, and they didn't last. Suggestions? thanks

I've owned several homeowner duty electric, a commercial class electric, and a commercial class gasoline powered unit.

The commercial class units with comet pumps have performed for decades. Biggest problem for me is hard water and particulates getting into the unloader valves. A metal water filter screen is not enough protection.

The homeowner class units are all POS and were decent for about a season. Avoid units where all the components are hidden and un-replaceable.

Pay attention to the duty cycle on the pumps. You get what you pay for.

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #19  
Gas powered pressure washers experience the very same issues as gas generators do: ethanol based fuels are dangerous to any small gas engines that sits unused for 4 months or longer. Corrosion and pitting of the carburetors results in just enough damage, that hard starting and unreliability becomes severe enough (even to Honda's) that owners become frustrated. Always use non ethanol fuels, either remove the ethanol yourself or purchase the premixed non ethanol 2-stroke chainsaw fuels. These fuels can be stored for upto 5 years, compared to 4 months for ethanol fuel. And the additional lubrication in these premixed fuels benefits your small gas engines.

/ Pressure Washer Recommendations? #20  
Don't be fooled by specs. I suspect many are fudged for marketing purposes, like the HP ratings on shop vacs. I have a 2hp electric pressure washer that does 1000 psi (CAT TRIPLEX Pump) that will perform about the same as any typical do it yourself car wash. I never, ever had any thought in the twenty five years of cleaning all manner of stuff, that I wished it had more pressure. Mostly, I have to be carefull of not destroying stuff.