power tool recommendation

/ power tool recommendation #41  
I built mine out of some steel I had laying around and a Honda motor I dad off something I picked up from the Side of the road. I ordered a cat pump and couldn’t be happier

/ power tool recommendation #42  
I've tried Seafoam, Sta-Bil (has short shelf life) I was having a little better performance with Seafoam but could have been my imagination. My property neighbor has a small engine repair biz. His thoughts are the Honda's are more fuel efficient, smaller orifices so they go south easier. Those junky Briggs always seem to start and none of those have fuel shutoffs installed so they get stored with gas.

Edit: I will try the Stabil Fast Fix but feel regular Stabil is snake oil from my experience.

Last edited:
   / power tool recommendation #43  
Mine has a Honda engine also. It always seems to start and has plenty of pressure. It’s made by Simpson. I really have no idea if it’s a quality washer or not but I like it.
B4A86EDA-7E84-44A0-8F53-A7612167E361.jpeg

/ power tool recommendation
Thank you Claude & Dave.

All the original stabil does is form a very thin barrier of x btw air & gasoline so oxygen does not accelerate the breakdown of the ethanols O2 into water. No one that uses all the fuel in any tank over a 2-3 week period would ever need stabil.

/ power tool recommendation #45  
I have a Honda unit in my barn. Pump died but the motor still runs. It was only a year or 2 old when it died. Relief valve died and couldn't order a new one. It seized up and would over pressurize and stall the motor
Hi, can you please share the review of the Honda Unit because I am planning to buy a honda unit?

/ power tool recommendation #46  
hello to all,

it's hard to believe the reviews online, so I am asking any of you that have owned a power washer for at least 2-4 yrs and like the results, what do you use? Looking for something w 2500-3000psi, for both home and ranch operations. Unfortunately my grew legs and it is gone. I still have the hoses, wand, attachments and other. Looking for a reliable make & model.

really would appreciate what you like about it and it's performance. if you have one that's been performing poorly, that's good to know too.

thank you very much,
tstex
Having just now gone through the same situation, my analysis for my money was:
Simpson 3200psi w/Honda engine. Under $400.
FWIW.

/ power tool recommendation #47  
I've had this model Generac for years and it always starts on the first or second pull. I use it on a fairly regular basis to wash our vehicles, motorcycle, UTV, whatever needs washing. I added a foam cannon a couple years back and have been very pleased with that addition, as well. I always use non-ethanol fuel, always turn the water on first, and always turn the fuel off and let the carb run dry. Stays in my heated basement during the colder months, in the outside garage during the warmer.

/ power tool recommendation #48  
a good reference & selection. purchased 4200 psi unit w/9 hp B&S Vanguard engine, around $700 10 yrs ago. been flawless. Starting to get cold out there, be sure to drain pump in freezing weather. regards

/ power tool recommendation #49  
Hi, can you please share the review of the Honda Unit because I am planning to buy a honda unit?
Generic red colored unit from lowes for $250 with Honda gx series ? Vertical shaft mower. Lasted a year. Relief seized up and would over pressurize and stall the motor.

I can go see if the brand name was on the motor but I thru the rest if it away a few years ago

/ power tool recommendation
Thank you for the recent replies.

From my readings & research, it seems PW’s w horizontal shafts last longer than vertical ones.

As stated, here are some other positive operational positives:
-always have water on & all air purged before starting
-make sure oil levels are properly leveled
-when turning off. allow engine/carb to consume any remaining gas/dump if it’s been sitting for a mo or more
-disconnect hose, and remove water from pump area
-store in any area that does not allow for freezing
-when storing for winter or long non use periods, examine options for getting some fresh crankcase oil into cylinder head via removed spark plug
-always purge your water source hose first b4 connect to PW to avoid any debris into pump..
-don’t extend the length of the wand hose bc it could increase pressure resistance and damage pump

Hope this helps