power tool recommendation

/ power tool recommendation #51  
Anything with a Honda GX motor and a CAT, Comet, AA piston pump. They are able to be fixed, seals can be bought, easy to work on and find replacement parts for. The Honda engines are well proven and insanely reliable. The other then the pump and motor it’s just a frame to hold it together and be able to move around.

I have a Dewalt power washer with a Honda GX390 and a Comet pump. Always starts right up and works well. It’s a 4200psi 4gpm I believe.

/ power tool recommendation #52  
Simpson with Honda engine from Tractor Supply.

/ power tool recommendation #53  
hello to all,

it's hard to believe the reviews online, so I am asking any of you that have owned a power washer for at least 2-4 yrs and like the results, what do you use? Looking for something w 2500-3000psi, for both home and ranch operations. Unfortunately my grew legs and it is gone. I still have the hoses, wand, attachments and other. Looking for a reliable make & model.

really would appreciate what you like about it and it's performance. if you have one that's been performing poorly, that's good to know too.

thank you very much,
tstex
I have a Honda for home use. Probably overkill and I now consider Harbor Freight brands and Craftsman for other equipment, but that day at Home Depot I just decided to buy Honda. The only maintenance has been to change the oil as directed and air up the tires a couple times. I run clear premium in it. I store it under cover. Note this is not a commercial situation, but I think it will probably outlive me! Purchased sometime prior to 2005.

/ power tool recommendation #54  
Let your pocket book decide. I have the JD 3800 series with the Honda engine. I purchased the unit at Lowes years ago. It had a defective gas tank when sold. The original purchaser brought it back. Lowes had it at a you just stole this price in there as is area. I sat down on a zero turn got out the smart phone and located a tank. Offered 25 dollars less than they were asking and loaded it on the truck. Three days later I had the new gas tank on it.

Regardless of the unit you finally decide to purchase always turn the water on before you start the motor. Also avoid prolong running of the motor without passing water through the pump.

Also make sure the unit has a soap or wash detergent dispenser.

Lowes offers this Honda powered unit today.

All good stuff and I would add when you’re done using the machine put a little RV antifreeze in soap dispenser and run it through the pump and lines. We stop using it and before you know it it’s winter. Also remember to let run out of gas to leave the carburetor dry.

/ power tool recommendation #55  
hello to all,

it's hard to believe the reviews online, so I am asking any of you that have owned a power washer for at least 2-4 yrs and like the results, what do you use? Looking for something w 2500-3000psi, for both home and ranch operations. Unfortunately my grew legs and it is gone. I still have the hoses, wand, attachments and other. Looking for a reliable make & model.

really would appreciate what you like about it and it's performance. if you have one that's been performing poorly, that's good to know too.

thank you very much,
tstex
I bought one from tractor supply. First one, I learned a lesson about how to shut them off, as, if you leave them sit for a while with fuel in the carb, they gum up really bad (more quality of available gasoline now a days) so, with that being said, I now use the fuel shut off, and let the motor die, then shut it off. Not a single bit of trouble since doing that and have had it sit for more than a year between uses (even with fuel in the tank)
I recommend getting one no less than 3,000psi though with adjustable spray heads or interchangeable at least. I have low water pressure on my home line, but my 3,200 2.4gpm unit will power off the worst nastiest of crud pretty well. My neighbor borrowed it since his 2,400 was not working, and within 3 hours, he returned it and had me help him get his NEW identical unit put together to keep his heavy equipment clean (he loved it that much)

/ power tool recommendation #56  
I am using a pressure washer I built from parts, Cat pump and electric start Husqvarna 6.5 hp engine. I replaced the Harbor Freight engine after the first year when it had Carburetor issues and kept sticking the exhaust valve. I have been using it 5 years since then without issue. Look for Comet or Cat pump and Honda engine when purchasing a pressure washer .

/ power tool recommendation #57  
I've had a Northern Tools Powerhorse washer, 3000 PSI, for about 3 years and it works fine for my use. I only use it about 7 or 8 times a year. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again if need arose. Selling for about $300 right now.

/ power tool recommendation #58  
I have a Northstar brand sold by Northern Hydraulics. Honda GX690 engine. I’ve had is for 10 + years and have been very happy with it. I don’t think you can go wrong with the Honda engines. Try to get something with a name brand pump. CAT, Comet, etc. a good pump will last a long time and keep pressure. As previously mentioned, always have water on before starting, and I always bleed the hose by squeezing the wand trigger before starting until I get a stead stream of water.
I think mine is around 4000 psi and 3.5 or 4 pm. I wouldn’t bother with anything less than 3500 psi. You might have to be careful around seals and labels, but you’ll need that pressure to knock off any dried grass below a mower deck or remove grease.

/ power tool recommendation #59  
hello to all,

thank you very much,
tstex
i have a generac. Good machine but poorly laid out. pull rope is awkward. the hose connection is in a strange place making it very awkward to move. i would not recommend it for that reason alone.