Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ?

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #71  
On the last picture from deezler showing the plate on his loader arms, do I see the attachment brackets for the top link and two eyes below for the 3 pt arms? Just wondering. Jon
Yes, the bottom pieces slide back and forth on the square tube and normally there is a short top link piece.

3pt adapter 002_1.JPG

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #72  
On the last picture from deezler showing the plate on his loader arms, do I see the attachment brackets for the top link and two eyes below for the 3 pt arms? Just wondering. Jon
The picture is his SSQA to 3 point adapter:
6G8Lz0E.jpg

It is for using 3 point implements on the front.

Like this:

P8220005.JPG
P8220007.JPG

PA240004.JPG

P4230005.JPG

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #73  
Yes, and there is also a type of adapter that lets you pick up an SSQA attachment with your 3pt. I think it is less useful and less common, but i still plan to build the mini-skid equivalent for my tiny tractor that i am adapting the miniskid SSQA onto. Having a regular bucket on the 3pt for example isn't real useful for material moving if you can barely curl it, but it DOES make for a nice tool carrier or carryall and you didn't have to build separately. It's just a big bucket, you throw stuff in it. (y) 😁 Plus you can take two attachments out with you into the field and switch between them without having to carry one of them on top of the other one (and drop it, maybe).

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ?
Welp, kind of a letdown. With this normal 4-way hitch insert, I can’t see it from the tractor, at all. Even when standing up.

So for moving lighter trailers like this, its not hard to get close snd just manhandle the trailer onto the ball. But I really wanted to be able to drive up and snatch them, without getting off the tractor. Hmmmmmmm

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #75  
Welp, kind of a letdown. With this normal 4-way hitch insert, I can’t see it from the tractor, at all. Even when standing up.

So for moving lighter trailers like this, its not hard to get close snd just manhandle the trailer onto the ball. But I really wanted to be able to drive up and snatch them, without getting off the tractor. Hmmmmmmm

I would cut some windows or drill some big holes on the SSQA plate. That should help you see the hitch from the seat, I think.

Then again, you still have the hood in the way though. Maybe one of those backup cameras?

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ?
I think I’ll start with a $33 gizmo from harbor freight. Ought to bring the ball into view (especially if i use the upper receiver).
1665360032694.jpeg

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #77  
That is an advantage of my single arm hitch receiver mount. I do understand that I could be twisting the loader arms, but my trailer are empty at the time and are light tongue weights. Jon

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #78  
Edit....removed

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #79  
I acquired a SSQA that was not for my model of tractor, and modified it to fit my L4330 Kubota. We had to engineer something to replace gussets, came up with the 4" square tubing. Added a receiver tube to the middle. I always leave a ball mount in place, reversed if I have another attachment on the SSQA.

Not as visible from the seat as I would like, but I can get under trailers without having to dismount

Attachments

• SSQA Receiver Tube Rear View.jpg
    SSQA Receiver Tube Rear View.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
  • SSQA Receiver Tube.jpg
    SSQA Receiver Tube.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
   / Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #80  
I received the Titan receiver mount plate attachment v2, put in on my ssqa and moved my 14' open trailer around. It worked quite well and with the front window on the plate, it was fairly easy to see the ball and place it under the receiver on the trailer, did need to stand up from the seat but no problem there. I then hooked it up to my 24' enclosed car hauler, worked quite well there also. Backing up or pulling the trailer gets interesting and not real easy to navigate, but I will get better with practice, pushing the trailer, tractor moving forward, was great, could push trailer exactly where I wanted it to go. Very happy with the purchase!