Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ?

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #21  
I’d probably put the hitch at the top of the frame apposed to the bottom for better visibility. It’s hard to move a camper with a tractor because you can’t see around it. You might consider off setting the hitch if it’s light enough to lift on one side of the arms.

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #22  
Lol, great input. So you just... smash into them with the skid steers and push them around? Huh, didn't think of that option.

I do actually do that on my pintle hook trailer. For my lighter trailers there’s this option. I wouldn’t try that on a tractor. The skid steer attachment frame is much beefier than a tractor and won’t twist doing that like the wimpy torque tube on a tractor might.
IMG_2839.JPG

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #23  
I have a receiver hitch that goes on one ssqa arm. I think it may have come from Titan Equipment. I use either fork depending on which/where I am pulling/pushing. Also like someon else posted, your view from the tractor seat is centered, but you have no truck side mirrors if you are close to objects. A spotter maybe needed. Jon

Attachments

• 20220928_153842.jpg
    20220928_153842.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 105
   / Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #24  
I wonder if that design would put stress on the torque tube between both ssqa latch plates on the tractor?

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ?
^ Yeah I like the looks of that style (other than full trailer tongue weight only being held by one side of loader...) because it gives you a bit of visibility on one side, and being small/efficient design should be affordable. But I can't find that style for sale now anywhere. Anyone know a source?

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #26  
I have a receiver hitch that goes on one ssqa arm. I think it may have come from Titan Equipment. I use either fork depending on which/where I am pulling/pushing. Also like someon else posted, your view from the tractor seat is centered, but you have no truck side mirrors if you are close to objects. A spotter maybe needed. Jon

A real skid steer could use that and be fine but there’s no way I’d put that on the tractor. Tractor SSQA frame torque tubes are practically non existent. You’ll almost guaranteed bend it.

My fear as well.

I am now leaning towards an SSQA to 3-point adapter, since it is not that much more expensive, to give a lot more versatility.

I was sitting here thinking about how I would never think of a reason to put a 3-pt attachment on the front loader, but then I realized how I haven't graded my driveway all summer long because the backhoe has been on, and it's too big a chore to remove often.

Now comes my cheapskate problem, the titan adapter looks pretty decent, but i'm tempted to save $100 and get an amazon (china) special. They look identical... but is the QC the same?

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #28  
Now comes my cheapskate problem, the titan adapter looks pretty decent, but i'm tempted to save $100 and get an amazon (china) special. They look identical... but is the QC the same?

They look to be the same and online they are being marketed under many names. I'm not liking the design because the upper link support is questionable. There is no framework...just relying on the plate.

Well, the plate has the full strip of angle running across the back at the top for SSQA retention, plus they did add a 2" square tube across there on the front to spread out the load a bit.

If I was using this on my front loader with a 3-pt attachment, I would be taking it pretty easy anyway - to protect my loader health.

Well I couldn't help myself, bought it. I don't have a welder but I know lots of folks who do, so if it needs a little correction upon receipt, I'll let everyone know what I found. Hopefully it's good to go.