Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ?

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #1  

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7305, Kioti CK3510seh TLB
Just starting my search for a convenient way to shuffle my collection of trailers around the yard/property. I want to use an SSQA attachment because my backhoe is often on the rear of the tractor all summer long. Plus is sounds pretty nice to be able to drive forwards and watch your trailer as you expertly back it into a parking spot.

I figured these things would be common and popular but actually there don't seem to be a ton of options out there. Unfortunately I am a tightwad so finding something at an affordable price point is important.

I see Vevor claims to have a couple options, and the prices are appealing. But I just can't trust that chinese junk and blatant false advertising on their own product pages.

Currently leaning towards this option from Titan.

Anyone else run a receiver hitch off the front loader? Feels like I might be missing some options.

1664298614333.png

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #2  
With that one you cant see what you are doing hood and engine is in the way.

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #3  
Curious as well...I have one that attaches to one fork end, but that stress on just the one fork bothers me. So I'm looking for something more robust. Thought there would be one or more that are simple and in the affordable range for my limited use.

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #4  
Look at the other thread on this subject and you will find my post with the right answer.

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ?
Oops, bad deezler, I did not search here on TBN before just making a new thread. Didn't realize we had the same exact discussion going on already.

True Temp, I really can't see how your design offers any advantage in visibility over the one I linked to at Titan. Maybe just because your extended your receiver out further forwards? Nothing a long shank trailer ball insert can't do just as easily. Either way you want to carry the trailer around roughly level, so you're going to hand the ball at approximately the same height. It will still be low, in front of the tractor. I do like all the chain/lifting points on yours. Wish I had a welder and the time/space to fiddle with easy projects like this.

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #6  
Just starting my search for a convenient way to shuffle my collection of trailers around the yard/property. I want to use an SSQA attachment because my backhoe is often on the rear of the tractor all summer long. Plus is sounds pretty nice to be able to drive forwards and watch your trailer as you expertly back it into a parking spot.

I figured these things would be common and popular but actually there don't seem to be a ton of options out there. Unfortunately I am a tightwad so finding something at an affordable price point is important.

I see Vevor claims to have a couple options, and the prices are appealing. But I just can't trust that chinese junk and blatant false advertising on their own product pages.

Currently leaning towards this option from Titan.

Anyone else run a receiver hitch off the front loader? Feels like I might be missing some options.

View attachment 764211
How heavy are your trailers? This would work for ones without a lot of tongue weight.

Or you might be able to remove your bucket and just bolt this to your ssqa.

I like the one you picked because it looks strong enough to use for pulling and lifting other things with a shackle receiver.

With that one you cant see what you are doing hood and engine is in the way.

I have a similar sized tractor and when I stand up I can easily see the end of the loader from the operator's station, and the space between the plates should give you a good view of the ball for hooking up.

Curious as well...I have one that attaches to one fork end, but that stress on just the one fork bothers me. So I'm looking for something more robust. Thought there would be one or more that are simple and in the affordable range for my limited use.

Titan seems to have a lot of options if you want to keep using your forks. https://www.palletforks.com/fork-mounted/forklift-hitch-and-receiver-for-dual-forks/194115.html

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #7  
Trust me it works great you can see between the hood and the loader boom and see the ground, even pickup a trailer Thats almost on the ground. The one above the hood is in the way of seeing what you are trying to hook up.

I think maybe your experience with visibility is specific to your tractor/loader model. The cross bar ("loader boom"? of my loader doesn't get in the way of me seeing anything. I do fully expect to have to stand up to see over my sloped hood down to the trailer tongues.

How heavy are your trailers? This would work for ones without a lot of tongue weight.

I like the one you picked because it looks strong enough to use for pulling and lifting other things with a shackle receiver.
My trailers range from small 500 lb 4x8 utility up to a 20' car hauler and 22' camper. Would definitely like to move all of them with full confidence (so nothing slip-on / clamp-on) and I agree about the extra options regarding a shackle for pull with chains/cable if ever needed.

Plus I often have nothing on my ssqa when parked in my garage, to save space and keep things flexible for my next use. So I'd prefer not to have to go slap on the bucket or forks justy to then also clamp on a receiver, etc. Want a dedicated, robust solution. Thanks for the input!

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #10  
We've had skid steers over 30 years. Lots of trailers. Never anything special to move trailers, and they get moved.