Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ?

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #41  
One fork should be able to handle at least 1500# vertical load. But they are not designed for side loads.
One fork was able to move the trailer, but when I stepped back and saw the amount of flex compared to the fork not being used, I haven't done it that way since. To worried about permanent damage to the fork itself.

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #42  
Thanks deezler, I have family spotters for the side views and I want to be able to put my trailer in my barn. Backing the trailer through a 9ft door is not easy when using my truck, I thought using my tractor in a forward motion would be easier, I use a weight distributing hitch on my truck that might be useable on the tractor. Using a 3 point on the rear of tractor would be the same as backing it in the barn with my truck.
It'll definitely move it with confidence, in my opinion. I have the same tractor and am looking to move around all my trailers which includes a 21' 4400 lb jayco. Camper tongue weight is usually under 1000 lbs, your kioti will lift and move it with ease.

However! as others have noted, you wont be able to see around it easily when driving straight. I am curious if pausing motion, standing up and leaning way out to the side while staying on the tractor will be good enough to get a view down the sides. I need to park my jayco under a metal carport, tucked right to the side.

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #43  
i use a 2 in ball bolted through a hole in the end of one of my pallet forks to move our 7 ton trailer around loaded.(used a hole saw to punch the hole) i don't believe the tongue load is over the capacity of your forks. then sticking out there further i swing the trailer left or right to see around. on the mount i made that goes on one side i would built it so it stand up on its own. then you don't have to get in an out to hook it up. i like the ball low so when the kid forgets the pin in the trailer jack and it collapses i can still get into the trailer ball. a lot of our trailers i do not use the trailer jack. i pull it out with the loader come in from the side pick it up and set it on the vehicles trailer ball. (not going to work with a tractor :))
steve

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #44  
I just loop a log chain around Front end loader and connect the safety chains to it. I use this for 2 boats and a small camper.

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ?
^ i did that a few times too. Then i made a sharp turn adjustment over a bumpy patch, and put a hole into the front of a friend’s camper with the corner of my bucket’s tooth bar. Time for a robust, quick-attach solution.

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #46  
Front hitch 2.jpg

Trailer on front of tractor 3.jpg

Trailer on front of tractor 7.jpg

I added a receiver hitch to the front of the tractor.

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #48  
Thanks deezler, I have family spotters for the side views and I want to be able to put my trailer in my barn. Backing the trailer through a 9ft door is not easy when using my truck, I thought using my tractor in a forward motion would be easier, I use a weight distributing hitch on my truck that might be useable on the tractor. Using a 3 point on the rear of tractor would be the same as backing it in the barn with my truck.
For me backing into a 9ft door with no spotters, I would rather use a truck with mirrors than a tractor with no mirrors, either on the 3pt or the loader. Unless you could actually see over the trailer. Jon

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ? #49  
I just bought a 2" receiver tube at my local rural king and welded in onto the center of the top lip of the tractor bucket. Then just slide in any 2" receiver ball, hook, solid ring, winch, or whatever you want into it and slide the lock pin in. Cheap, simple, effective. They make a ton of different things that'll slide into a 2" receiver these days, and it doesn't get in the way of your normal bucket operation when you don't have a receiver in the tube. works great for me!

/ Options for SSQA trailer mover (receiver hitch) ?
Ok, my SSQA to 3-pt adapter arrived yesterday so here's some pics.

It arrived in a mutilated box that was completely covered in packing tape, that obviously didn't hold up real well during shipping. But my wife and the UPS guy ripped it open to inspect for damage prior to accepting it. None seen.

pDIPjTP.jpg

Unboxed and it looks pretty decent, to be honest.

aFbFm29.jpg

1dHsDss.jpg

Drove up with my tractor and it went on the SSQA smoothly

6G8Lz0E.jpg

BUT, it is a bit sloppy. I don't want to put heavy load on this thing until I weld on a bit of bar/plate to tighten up the SSQA pin fitment on the bottom. Right now, it doesn't really seem like it would fall off, but I would sure hate to find out during a heavy trailer haul or aggressive 3-pt implement operation.

Here's a pic underneath showing the excess clearance and how the SSQA pins are not engaged far enough to keep it on real tight.

Y3kR8az.jpg

Overall a fairly decent product for $319 shipped, at least compared to some other options out there. It was in Illinois and got to me in just 3 business days, very nice.

What I bought:

All the other options on Amazon prime appear to be identical. The titan one too, just for an extra $100.