OBD scanner

/ OBD scanner #11  
Dealer is 2 hours away and said they were going to come get her 6 weeks ago- no show. Also, can't find anyone local that works on them. No one that makes house calls as I do not have the equipment to transport it.
drain all of the fuel, including the injector rail (what year is the tractor, Common rail?), change the filters, that should take care of the water in the fuel issue, start it and see if the issues go away. it is possible that you damaged the injection pump/ injectors but most likely that is done and running it lightly will not further damage it. the ODBII codes will not help much because the auto scanners are unreliable as in the code will read as one thing on a car but is something else on the tractor. the octane rating for gas is higher than diesel so it will tend not to run since diesel is compression (detonation) ignited. these are the steps and some you have done already with the exception of the rail, so you should be good just keep in mind there is still some fuel in it after changing the filters and draining it.

running a diesel on gas tends to cause issues with pump and injectors, to test that you will need to test the injection pressure, i would recommend getting a service manual.

Last edited:
   / OBD scanner
drain all of the fuel, including the injector rail (what year is the tractor, Common rail?), change the filters, that should take care of the water in the fuel issue, start it and see if the issues go away. it is possible that you damaged the injection pump/ injectors but most likely that is done and running it lightly will not further damage it. the ODBII codes will not help much because the auto scanners are unreliable as in the code will read as one thing on a car but is something else on the tractor. the octane rating for gas is higher than diesel so it will tend not to run since diesel is compression (detonation) ignited. these are the steps and some you have done already with the exception of the rail, so you should be good just keep in mind there is still some fuel in it after changing the filters and draining it.

running a diesel on gas tends to cause issues with pump and injectors, to test that you will need to test the injection pressure, i would recommend getting a service manual.

Thank you!

/ OBD scanner #13  
I just ordered this off of Amazon ($260) was going to post out here as to what you guys are using but I don't have time to wait for answers. My wife's Rogue is on the lift in my FILs barn and I need to finish it up this weekend.

I'm doing the brakes and after pulling the tires, realize it has ebrakes and need to put it in service mode to wind back the ebrake shaft so I can compress caliper. I know there is a hack to put power to the ebrake posts from a battery but I figured, if my sons and I are going to be doing more of our own repairs, this tool is a must.

Anyway, anyone using this, or is there something else, that is under $500, that you highly recommend. Don't bother telling me about your $2000+ dollar Autel or Snap-on because that is too rich for my blood :cool:

FOXWELL OBD2 Scanner NT716, 9+ Resets Auto Scan Tool ABS SRS Transmission Engine​

/ OBD scanner #14  
I just ordered this off of Amazon ($260) was going to post out here as to what you guys are using but I don't have time to wait for answers. My wife's Rogue is on the lift in my FILs barn and I need to finish it up this weekend.

I'm doing the brakes and after pulling the tires, realize it has ebrakes and need to put it in service mode to wind back the ebrake shaft so I can compress caliper. I know there is a hack to put power to the ebrake posts from a battery but I figured, if my sons and I are going to be doing more of our own repairs, this tool is a must.

Anyway, anyone using this, or is there something else, that is under $500, that you highly recommend. Don't bother telling me about your $2000+ dollar Autel or Snap-on because that is too rich for my blood :cool:

FOXWELL OBD2 Scanner NT716, 9+ Resets Auto Scan Tool ABS SRS Transmission Engine​

I simply pull the electrical connection on the caliper and use a battery charger with two alligator clips to wind in the electric parking brake. You can then compress the piston. Make sure you align the slot in the piston with the nub on the brake pad, you'll need to rotate the piston so the slot is at 6 o'clock. I'm not a fan of electric parking brakes......

/ OBD scanner #15  
I simply pull the electrical connection on the caliper and use a battery charger with two alligator clips to wind in the electric parking brake. You can then compress the piston. Make sure you align the slot in the piston with the nub on the brake pad, you'll need to rotate the piston so the slot is at 6 o'clock. I'm not a fan of electric parking brakes......
Thanks, Yes, I may end up doing that but it got me thinking that I have about 6 - 8 cars that I help maintain, between my own and my boys', and it would be nice to have the tool for other things. I did see, in a Youtube video, the point you make about aligning the nub on the brake with the piston, but thanks for that info. anyways.

I've come to realize that when you don't work on cars for a living, the first time you do anything, it takes more time to research and learn and than to actually do the work in some cases.

My first experience with electric parking brakes and if I had the tool it would be a non-issue.

/ OBD scanner #16  
I use a Foxwell NT530. You can buy software for any make car. There is a learning curve. But if you master download and install software using the unit is explained on you tube well enough.

/ OBD scanner #17  
   / OBD scanner #18  
Well, I ended up processing a return on the one I ordered from Amazon. I went and bought the ZR15s from HF because I read online that it had the ebrake service function. It was the cheapest one they had that had the functionality I needed to turn off the electric brake. I watched a Youtube video and read some of the manual but ultimately just ended up plugging it in and fiddling with it for about 5 minutes and figured it out. Worked like a charm.

Though the one from Amazon is still coming since I didn't get it cancelled soon enough. I think I'm going to try it out and if it is considerably more functional, may return the HF one. You could tell the HF one had already been returned once. I'm sure people buy them and check codes and take them back a lot, especially in this economy.

Last edited:
   / OBD scanner #19  
Well, I ended up processing a return on the one I ordered from Amazon. I went and bought the ZR15s from HF because I read online that it had the ebrake service function. It was the cheapest one they had that had the functionality I needed to turn off the electric brake. I watched a Youtube video and read some of the manual but ultimately just ended up plugging it in and fiddling with it for about 5 minutes and figured it out. Worked like a charm.

Though the one from Amazon is still coming since I didn't get it cancelled soon enough. I think I'm going to try it out and if it is considerably more functional, may return the HF one. You could tell the HF one had already been returned once. I'm sure people buy them and check codes and take them back a lot, especially in this economy.
i have no experience with that one i use EFI-live but have heard that you can pick up a chinese clone of the tech2 on ebay for under $500 and it does everything (more complicated to learn i would think)