OBD scanner

/ OBD scanner #1  

J_wolfe69

Tractor
9Greatkids*
Is there a reliable OBD scanner I can buy for my Mahindra 2638? The tractor only has 130 hours and the check engine light is on and the fuel filter light.

/ OBD scanner #2  
OBD(2) is a federal standard for automobiles sold in the United States, any other equipment will most likely be proprietary to the manufacturer.

/ OBD scanner #3  
OBD2 is a road going vehicle spec but some tractor manufacturers use it. Probably because it's well known and the hardware and software are readily available so the manufacturer does not have to do them from scratch.

Mahindras have useful OBD2 ports. This thread looks like it has some useful info: MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes

/ OBD scanner #4  
   / OBD scanner
Thank you all. I just placed the order for the suggested one and it should be here tomorrow. Still having issues. One of my boys put gasoline in her. She will start after I hold the key one for about a minute. She just cranks and cranks. Eventually starts. I have changed both filters several times as well as drained the tank several times since and keep having trouble. I had a mechanic come and did the same. Last week the water separator light came on again. I drained it out but have not tried to run it since. (no time) Gonna try her today. Check engine light has been on for a couple months and the nearest dealer is 2 hours away. Is it possible the glow plugs were burnt up by the gasoline? Starter solenoid stuck? I'm running out of ideas. Any advice (other than keeping my boys away from her, duly noted) Only 140 hours on it

/ OBD scanner #6  
Thank you all. I just placed the order for the suggested one and it should be here tomorrow. Still having issues. One of my boys put gasoline in her. She will start after I hold the key one for about a minute. She just cranks and cranks. Eventually starts. I have changed both filters several times as well as drained the tank several times since and keep having trouble. I had a mechanic come and did the same. Last week the water separator light came on again. I drained it out but have not tried to run it since. (no time) Gonna try her today. Check engine light has been on for a couple months and the nearest dealer is 2 hours away. Is it possible the glow plugs were burnt up by the gasoline? Starter solenoid stuck? I'm running out of ideas. Any advice (other than keeping my boys away from her, duly noted) Only 140 hours on it

How much gas was put in it, like a top off or was the tank empty?

How long was the gasoline running through it before noticing?

/ OBD scanner #8  
Is there a reliable OBD scanner I can buy for my Mahindra 2638? The tractor only has 130 hours and the check engine light is on and the fuel filter light.
OBD won't work on a tractor. On road vehicles have a uniform plug in for OBD 2. Off road each manufacturer has their own equipment. So you can't plug a Dear John scan tool into an International. But, I can plug my Ford scanner into a Toyota, Mazda, GMC, Lincoln, Cadillac, whatever.

/ OBD scanner
How much gas was put in it, like a top off or was the tank empty?

How long was the gasoline running through it before noticing?
The tractor was low and sitting idling. As the gas was going in it stalled. There was some diesel in the tank

/ OBD scanner