New trailer for the gator

/ New trailer for the gator #1  

nikdfish

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3038E & 1025R FILB
A while back we picked up an XUV590E S4. The S4 is 12' long, 56.5" wide and the only trailer of ours that could haul it around was the 18' aluma car hauler, which was not real convenient (big, wide & pull out ramps). Anyway, we went trailer shopping & the wife decided she liked the red Texas Bragg with a 14' x 76" deck & 2' expanded metal side walls.

It is a tandem axle (brakes on one axle) 7K (5500 lb. payload) 14' with a 4' drop down ramp. The ramp is expanded metal w/ 2" tube struts. The deck is 2" southern yellow pine. I will need to add some D-rings, it has 4 stake holders but I'd prefer D rings. I'm sure it will get used for stuff besides the gator. We should probably get rid of the little 5'X8' sno-bear trailer, as trailer parking space is getting a bit tight (this is trailer #5).

Pics from the trailer lot web site - but are of our trailer (the vin matches).

2022_Texas_Bragg_14P_2ft_Expanded_Sides_and_Gate_aBOzRI_overlay_1643018666.jpg

2022_Texas_Bragg_14P_2ft_Expanded_Sides_and_Gate_U5XDHc_overlay_1643018669.jpg

/ New trailer for the gator #3  
Nice trailer! How about a pic of it loaded with your XUV590E S4?

/ New trailer for the gator #4  
So you Gator doesn't have doors?

One of my riding buddies has a trailer like that; he has a Ranger with cab and doors and has to leave the driver's door open when he drives up onto the trailer because once inside he can't open the door due to the tall sides.

/ New trailer for the gator #5  
So you Gator doesn't have doors?

One of my riding buddies has a trailer like that; he has a Ranger with cab and doors and has to leave the driver's door open when he drives up onto the trailer because once insider he can't open the door due to the tall sides.
Then leave's door open during transit and unloading?

/ New trailer for the gator
No doors, mesh side curtains.

/ New trailer for the gator #7  
We have a similar trailer with also a right front side ramp.. I had my neighbor weld 8 or 10 3" eye bolt "loops only" to the top rail. No need for D rings on the floor. Our 835i is secured by straps to these loops. These also work nicely for the ATV's during the hunting season.

Pics of S4 on trailer. No problem moving along between gator & trailer side.
Good clearance on approach angle with truck air suspension in high position, close clearance on approach angle with truck air suspension in lowest position (per an observer). Of course this could also be changed by changing the ball position on the hitch. No deflection of gate components observed during load/unload.

PXL_20220201_175846895.jpg
PXL_20220201_180002019.jpg

/ New trailer for the gator #9  
Very Nice. Thanks for the follow up picture!

Added some 3/8" D-rings with 3/8" grade 8 bolts. All attachment points were on frame or immediately adjacent metal (no wood). I wanted 4 at the corners for gator tie down, then added a couple more up front. May add a couple more at the back for symmetry.:unsure:

PXL_20220202_195804114B.jpg

Probably going to add something around the top perimeter for tarp/net tie-downs for uses other than gator transport.