Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #11  
Thanks - do you think without any 3-pt that I’d be ok with the big tex 20+5 mega ramps? 20 feet of deck and 5 feet of ramps folded into deck? 5 feet shorter than yours. It looks like there should be ample space based on the pics?
You will have room with an implement. Mine is the Big Tex 20+5 with Mega ramps, for a total of 25' in length. If the implement prevents the ramps from laying flat after getting the tractor pulled up on the trailer, I would just pin the ramps upright. That is what the pin at the bottom between the rub rails is for.

20231005_112551.jpg

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75
Oh thank you! I was thinking based on your first message that yours was 30’ long, a 25+5.

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #13  
Anything longer than 22-24’ you‘ll need duals and you’ll be up in the 24k range. Then you are gonna get pulled over for a CDL. My set up allows for me to have something on the 3pt, and still ”look” under 26k…

Why? My D/C is 28' de-rated to 16k from 18k. With my 10k rated 2500 plus 16k trailer I am at 26k.

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #14  
Anything longer than 22-24’ you‘ll need duals and you’ll be up in the 24k range. Then you are gonna get pulled over for a CDL. My set up allows for me to have something on the 3pt, and still ”look” under 26k…
Well I can't say I've looked into it much so far, but I don't believe that's true. At least not the 'anything longer than 22-24' ' part.

Not sure if I'll even be able to swing a new trailer this year, depending on what the mowing season brings, so haven't been in a hurry to check them out specifically. But I do know that buying a trailer that's too small is worthless. A 22-24' trailer would be pointless for me. No point in buying one at all if it won't fit the configuration I need.

De-rating one would be a possibility I suppose. Tons (and I mean tons) of them running around here with no ICC numbers with the trailer sizes I have in mind. Bear in mind the weights I'm going to be hauling would likely never be over 10k (7k tractor with maybe a couple more attachments along for the ride). This is AG country, and DOT enforcement doesn't really fit the local culture. You could be dragging a trailer on it's side and on fire down the road and LEO's don't give you a second glance. H*ll, even seeing a guy with his load (equipment) chained down is a miracle (especially skid steers-don't know what it is about "skid steer guys" here, but none of them own any chains or binders).

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #15  
I'm still in the Day Dreaming stage of buying a trailer to haul my stuff around. I still have to buy a bigger truck to pull it!!!

For me, I want to be as close to 20,000 pounds as I can get because that's what the Farm Tags allow. My tractor is 9,000 pounds, the trailer is going to be around 6,000 pounds, and that leaves me 4 to 5,000 pounds for implements.

I measured how from my front tires to the back of my 12 foot batwing, and it's 24 feet. That would be my absolute minimum, but I'm thinking that I want to have 30 feet to be comfortable.

I also want to haul round bales with it. For me, the biggest pain with hauling hay is strapping it down. I don't want to buy a hay trailer, so I'm leaning towards this trailer from Texas Pride with side rails that are 8 feet apart. I think that this will allow me to place the bales inside the rails of the trailer, and haul them without any straps, if I don't stack them.

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #16  
Well I can't say I've looked into it much so far, but I don't believe that's true. At least not the 'anything longer than 22-24' ' part.

Not sure if I'll even be able to swing a new trailer this year, depending on what the mowing season brings, so haven't been in a hurry to check them out specifically. But I do know that buying a trailer that's too small is worthless. A 22-24' trailer would be pointless for me. No point in buying one at all if it won't fit the configuration I need.

De-rating one would be a possibility I suppose. Tons (and I mean tons) of them running around here with no ICC numbers with the trailer sizes I have in mind. Bear in mind the weights I'm going to be hauling would likely never be over 10k (7k tractor with maybe a couple more attachments along for the ride). This is AG country, and DOT enforcement doesn't really fit the local culture. You could be dragging a trailer on it's side and on fire down the road and LEO's don't give you a second glance. H*ll, even seeing a guy with his load (equipment) chained down is a miracle (especially skid steers-don't know what it is about "skid steer guys" here, but none of them own any chains or binders).
What I mean is if you get that long with 14k axles, you won’t have any rating left for cargo if you don’t go up to 24k axles. The trailer will weigh 6-7k.

@EddieWalker strapping down takes a couple minutes. I use the few stake pockets or d-rings on mine.

71589981686__6E012DBA-F40E-4C98-B732-14797147DA61.jpeg

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #17  
I don't think you can fit 2 4'X5' round bales in between the rails. There is only 6'8" between the wheel wells. Like Stumblinhorse said, strapping down doesn't take long. I put 5,400# WLL d-rings in every stake pocket. My 2" 3,333# WLL straps have twisted snap hooks. That way I can strap the load down by myself without having the far side come loose. If I need something in between I use a 2" 3,333# WLL axle strap around the rub rail standoff support. I switched my 3/8" chains over to G70 hooks with safety latches for hauling equipment, same type hooks that wreckers use for safety chains.

20230928_171651.jpg

1714413711312.png

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #19  
I have a TL80A new Holland with a cab. I do not have a front end loader on it. I do have a twin spindle 96 inch offset Alamo Mower. Actually it’s a rhino mower. I haul it on a big text 25 foot deck with mega ramps for a total of 30 feet. It’s a pretty tight fit. I’m also overweight on the trailer.

I’m not sure the 22 feet would be long enough. Especially if you go to move it with a Bushhog.

My second observation without knowing your age how long will you be able to flip the mega ramps? When I bought the trailer flipping the ramps was no problem. Six years later and having to live in a wheelchair, I struggle with the mega ramps.

I would suggest at least a 25 foot Goose neck and get a hydraulic dovetail if you plan on keeping it for a long time. I know it’s easy to spend somebody else’s money.

Yep, get Longer not shorter. I can't even fit a 5 foot brush hog and my 55 HP tractor completely on a 20 foot and that is with the bucket placed on top of the fifth wheel... Pay a bit more out of the gate and get that extra length.

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #20  
My 2" 3,333# WLL straps have twisted snap hooks. That way I can strap the load down by myself without having the far side come loose.

I like the flat hooks for the most part. I wrap the strap around the hook so it can't come loose, it also provides a more blunt edge v/s the stake pocket when you wrap the hook from the bottom. If you hook at the top and wrap, the strap contacts the sharp edge of the stake pocket.

I also carry 12' and 20' for when the standard 27' has too much excess.

0429241625.jpg