Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #1  

johnsayen

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
Hi all,

I'm shopping for a trailer to haul a new holland work master 75 with loader and am seeking recommendations. At first I was looking at the partial tilt trailers with the fenders that raise above the decking but even the models that are 102" wide I am concerned will be a really tight fit for 84" wheelbase by the time you subtract the protruding fenders.

That led me to looking at deckover equipment haulers, specifically the PJ T8 22' which is a full tilt deckover and has both power up/down and gravity down. I thought the gravity down would be a nice option so you don't need a second person running the controller to lower the tractor once its loaded.

I am concerned that loading the tractor on the full tilt deckover will be kind of sketchy so I have a few questions:

Do you think in fact it will be a little sketchy?

Do you think 22' is long enough?

Are there better options out there on the deckovers + full width ramps? I have seen many different deceivers with the narrow ramps for each wheel but that doesn't feel like a great option either.

Any other recommendations?

Thank you

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #2  
I have a 14K PJ model TF 22'. It's not the deck over which you need. Mine is also power up/ power down. You should go and see one. On mine, the deck is 22' then the steel tail adds another 20" so it's almost 24'. This is my second full tilt and I love not having to mess with ramps. I also added a remote to mine so I can drive on and press the remote to lower it. Mine is 10 years old now and still looks like new.

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75
I think now I am leaning toward a deckover with mega/full width ramps

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #4  
I think now I am leaning toward a deckover with mega/full width ramps

I like my Max ramps, however the rear can drag at times. We have a lot of dry washes around here that are road crossings.
0420211133.jpg

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #5  
I have a TL80A new Holland with a cab. I do not have a front end loader on it. I do have a twin spindle 96 inch offset Alamo Mower. Actually it’s a rhino mower. I haul it on a big text 25 foot deck with mega ramps for a total of 30 feet. It’s a pretty tight fit. I’m also overweight on the trailer.

I’m not sure the 22 feet would be long enough. Especially if you go to move it with a Bushhog.

My second observation without knowing your age how long will you be able to flip the mega ramps? When I bought the trailer flipping the ramps was no problem. Six years later and having to live in a wheelchair, I struggle with the mega ramps.

I would suggest at least a 25 foot Goose neck and get a hydraulic dovetail if you plan on keeping it for a long time. I know it’s easy to spend somebody else’s money.

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #6  
I have a 22’ diamond c GN with super singles. Fits my Case 75C perfect. 14k was too close for me for weight, so mine is 18k. I like ramps, it is more flexible for hauling IMHO.

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #7  
My opinion, if you ever want to haul it with anything on the 3pt hitch, then 22' is too short.

My next trailer is going to be around a 30-34' deck over gooseneck so I can haul my tractor with the 3pt mower on it, and still have room for a couple of attachments up front. I think fenders taller than the deck get in the way too many times when hauling pallets or materials and trying to load/unload from the sides.

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #8  
My opinion, if you ever want to haul it with anything on the 3pt hitch, then 22' is too short.

My next trailer is going to be around a 30-34' deck over gooseneck so I can haul my tractor with the 3pt mower on it, and still have room for a couple of attachments up front. I think fenders taller than the deck get in the way too many times when hauling pallets or materials and trying to load/unload from the sides.
Anything longer than 22-24’ you‘ll need duals and you’ll be up in the 24k range. Then you are gonna get pulled over for a CDL. My set up allows for me to have something on the 3pt, and still ”look” under 26k…

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75 #9  
Here was my solution to haul my Workmaster 75. It is a 2024 GMC 3500HD Denali with a Big Tex 25' 14GN trailer with Mega ramps. No CDL required, in Texas I can pull a 20,000# trailer with farm tags with my Class C license. I also haul my TC40DA on it.

20230928_085924.jpg

20231113_153758.jpg

20231113_131838.jpg

/ Trailer recommendation for a New Holland Workmaster 75
Here was my solution to haul my Workmaster 75. It is a 2024 GMC 3500HD Denali with a Big Tex 25' 14GN trailer with Mega ramps. No CDL required, in Texas I can pull a 20,000# trailer with farm tags with my Class C license. I also haul my TC40DA on it.

View attachment 864817

View attachment 864819

View attachment 864818
Thanks - do you think without any 3-pt that I’d be ok with the big tex 20+5 mega ramps? 20 feet of deck and 5 feet of ramps folded into deck? 5 feet shorter than yours. It looks like there should be ample space based on the pics?