New Cimaf Excavator head

/ New Cimaf Excavator head #1  

Robbie Hegwood

Platinum Member
Here is our newest arrival. It is the DAH-080C. It is for 8 ton and up excavators. Testing soon to follow. As you can tell by the snow in the pictures they were taken in the far north. Also you can see in the pictures this unit has the optional door to control debri being thrown.

Attachments

• 2000803 DAH-080C Kubota 161 010.jpg
    2000803 DAH-080C Kubota 161 010.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 278
  • 2000803 DAH-080C Kubota 161 014.jpg
    2000803 DAH-080C Kubota 161 014.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 2000803 DAH-080C Kubota 161 030.jpg
    2000803 DAH-080C Kubota 161 030.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 255
   / New Cimaf Excavator head
I'll answer the obvious. Yes it is pictured on a 161. This was a photo shoot/ test to see just what the 161 would think about the head. 1200 lbs. was a bit too much.

/ New Cimaf Excavator head #3  
2000803_DAH-080C_Kubota_161_030.jpg

Looks mean! How about some more info. How wide is it? Did the 161 run the head good or was it mounted just for the pictures? Price? Whens the Connecticut demo?

The cutting width is 32". The weight is just to much for the 161. The head weights about 1200 lbs. A tad more with the door and cylinder. My brushhound weighted 600 lbs and gave my 161 what for. Coupled with the hyd flow required I think a customer would be dispointed with it's performance on a 161. But we plan to test the head on the 080 with the 18 gpm setting and see just what it will do. If it will cut good and just the weight is a factor then we can always counterweight. That all will be determined with our tests. Price as you see it with the debri door is approx. 34k. I think it will be great cutting, mid sized excavator that is easily trailered. Head with an Kubota 080 should be right at 100K. Very close to a large skid with a head.
I have no clue who the rep is for Conn. but I'm sure we can find out. I will be testing it here for a while and conducting demo's. Georgia isn't THAT far!!!!

/ New Cimaf Excavator head #6  
I think that the Mustang 6003 would run one of the small Dennis Cimaf heads good but I'm not sure good enough to justify the cost for this size machine. I would love to see what could be done in a day with it. The 6003 actually specs out better then the 080. The lowest lifting capacity for the 6003 is 1500lbs extend all the way over the side of the tracks so it should be OK.

Kubota 080 - Gross 64HP. Aux flow 26.4.
Mustang 6003 - Gross 69HP Aux flow 28 and max psi 4061

The euro machine seem to have more HP and better flow, the JCB also had decent flow @ 25 GPM for the 12K size machine.

Hardwickday7001.jpg

Yes our head is higher than most. But we can easily double your capacity if not more. Plus as you have experienced, what does down time cost. That is an area we really focus on is high quality. You can see where the mass is.Our heads are tunalbe to a wide range of psi and gpm. We tune the head exactly to your tractor.

/ New Cimaf Excavator head #8  
Robbie,

Why run that head at 18gpm on an 080? why not on the 25gpm fixed flow???
Counter weight will help the swing gear and the tipping, but what about the pins?

Sorry I haven't called you back yet, I may do that right now.

If you are interested in an NC Demo, give me that thing for a few weeks, and I will show you what it is made of. I would love to see it run against the Timber Axe!

Scott. We have had several inquires on the new 080 head from customers with 161's. We will do most of our testing on the 25 gpm setting just we are going to try the lower flow for verstility. As far as the weight that is why we made a head specifically for that size machine. Most customers would not want the door so you could save the weight of the door and cylinder. Or just remove both and have if you decide to use it. Of course it would benifit the tractor to be as lite as possible but it has to last and 1200 lbs. is pretty good.
Did the other rep get in touch with you?

/ New Cimaf Excavator head #10  
Yes he did, but I have not called him back either. 1200lbs still seems a little heavy. the Timber Axe checks in at a whopping 1600lbs, and makes the machine too heavy on the portion of the tracks that the boom is over. In otherwords, changes the ground pressure significantly. We have ended up running on matts in areas where it may be a little wet. But maybe 1200 is the perfect number?! I would love to see 1000lbs or less, but I know it has to hold up. How about a thumb saddle?