Need quality trailer wiring kit.

/ Need quality trailer wiring kit. #1  

Comancheria

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC33DA 2005
I’ve bought aftermarket LED lights for a couple Of my small general purpose/landscape trailers.
The lights work fine but the freaking wires are so thin inside the insulation and the insulation gets brittle very fast , the wires corrode quickly and I lose function of my lights.
I got a new kit from the auto parts store and installed them.
Same issue not too long after.

Is there a good quality kit out there that actually works, not made in China?

/ Need quality trailer wiring kit.
^^^^.Thank you.
I’ll check it out.

/ Need quality trailer wiring kit. #5  

It doesn't exist I wish it did ... what I found the best way for it to be effecting is doing a good job with wire placement, cover (split tubing for wire or even rigid tubing) and anchoring ... or simply buy the lights and buy heavier gauge wire and wire it yourself but the things that I mentioned above still apply.

If I could find a do it yourself 4 pin connector that was quality I’d love to just make my own with automotive heavy gauge wires.
I may look into that as well.

/ Need quality trailer wiring kit. #7  
I run across some 5 conductor 14 gauge wire that was used in a plant construction and used that on my 16 foot utility trailer it's been several years now with no problems.

Something like this may be an option.
I’m not a fan of the pinch blade connections but it may be doable.
Yeah I always use corrugated wire conduit and good straps/routing.
Grounds can become an issue with weather.
There’s always a length of wire that’s exposed or on a bend and those cheap wires will let you know they dont like it once the seemingly biodegradable insulation wears down and the piddly stranded wires corrode.

Attachments

• IMG_4287.png
    IMG_4287.png
    508 KB · Views: 62
I run across some 5 conductor 14 gauge wire that was used in a plant construction and used that on my 16 foot utility trailer it's been several years now with no problems.
I bought some rolls of automotive wire at Home Depot that has worked well for me in several classic car wiring jobs and mobile mechanic repairs.
Very good stuff.

/ Need quality trailer wiring kit. #10  

I got a roll of this on Amazon ad loved it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST CONNECTIONS 4 Way Trailer Wire (50 Feet) – Heavy Duty 14 Gauge 4 Conductor Insulated Cable – Durable, Weatherproof, Color-Coded 4 Way Trailer Wiring Extension for RV Trailer and Automotive

$49.85