Moving a shed

/ Moving a shed
Ignore everything you have been told here. This is the only way to move a shed:

Wow, hope that wasn’t the final place for the barn, it wasn’t even level.

/ Moving a shed #82  
You could set it down a little out of level then dig new tube footings next to each 6x6. Block the barn up to level it. After footings dry, place new 6x6 inside of the existing barn wall’s 6x6’s and bolt them to each other with several 3/4” bolts. I did this on another barn I rescued back in 2012. All the 4x6 posts rotted off and the barn was lying on its side walls. I lifted it onto blocks until all walls were level again, then sistered new 6x6’s inside on new footings.
Worked out very well. Used a backhoe FEL curl function to lift and level barn. Not as big as the one the Amish moved. Maybe about 1/3 that size.

/ Moving a shed #84  
Then you have to feed the movers!!!

(The Amish can think out of the box. Coordinating something like this is impressive.)

/ Moving a shed #85  
I bet a crane company quoted an insane price with multiple cranes and multiple semis and a very long prep and execution timeline. The Amish were having a family reunion and took 30 minutes out of their day to get er done!

/ Moving a shed #86  
I bet a crane company quoted an insane price with multiple cranes and multiple semis and a very long prep and execution timeline. The Amish were having a family reunion and took 30 minutes out of their day to get er done!
It's a little harder to see, but there was an insane amount of money spent on that move. Then add in the fact that every Amish family for miles around were zero productive that day and made no income. But then maybe the contractor paid each man a handsome sum to participate? In that case the insane price level was met. :)

Amish don't think outside the box. They can't. They are stuck inside the box with little resources beyond the grip of their hand. :)

/ Moving a shed
Little more cleaned out this weekend. More frozen firewood out of the old woodshed so it can thaw.. Burned more scrap wood tonight.
IMG_3525.JPG

Found a few more t posts I didn’t know I had.

/ Moving a shed #89  
Little more cleaned out this weekend. More frozen firewood out of the old woodshed so it can thaw.. Burned more scrap wood tonight.
View attachment 731667

Found a few more t posts I didn’t know I had.
You don't have as much snow on the ground as I thought you would. How are you missing the storms roaring into the NE???

Is the one coming mid week going to hit you? It's gonna slide by me to the South.

/ Moving a shed
You don't have as much snow on the ground as I thought you would. How are you missing the storms roaring into the NE???

Is the one coming mid week going to hit you? It's gonna slide by me to the South.

Last one was south east of us. We got a dusting. This week we are getting rain , supposed to warm up to 50s Thursday, then temps drop to teens again Saturday as the rain ends.

We still have some ice from a few weeks back in shady areas.

Today got to 33°, so I got a stack of pallets out of the open shed while ground is still frozen.
I burned more junk wood last night.

Today was trash day, a few bags of trash disappeared.

IMG_3548.JPG