Moving a shed

/ Moving a shed
Got the front row of wood about done, filled about half of a tote basket to save. Woods all frozen together, had to beat it apart.

Only got to 30° today, but no wind.

IMG_3487.JPG

/ Moving a shed
IMG_3492.JPG

Maybe I should have kept some of this.

/ Moving a shed #73  
We had a Sunny, no wind, mid 30s day. No complaints.

We have a campground in the timber with a shelter and primitive privvy. I keep a rick of "junk" wood there just for the spontaneous campfire.

A fire brings out the primitive man in me.

/ Moving a shed
Did get to burn a little more junk wood tonight. Still got half the woodshed to clear out, the wood is frozen together. Doesn’t look like it will get much above freezing for a week.
Need to come up with a place to store some of the stuff that has to come out of the lean to and shed.

/ Moving a shed #77  
Tarp it on pallets?

/ Moving a shed #78  
Moved this shed this past summer. 12'x16'. I struggled because it weighed a lot more than I'd calculated: came with the property; had a bunch of EPS foam board insulation and couldn't see the actual construction. It had plywood sheathing PLUS T1-11 over that. My Kioti struggled to lift as needed. Used equipment rollers on boards (which mostly all got demolished by the time I was done- some sort of metal channel tracks would have been best). Move was "up hill," which made things even harder; uneven ground to boot. Only about 70' move though. Kioti did lifting to reposition rollers and boards. Kubota did a lot of the pushing (big plus with all mechanical linkages is that there's next to zero delay in response, unlike with drive-by-wire which can tend to end up being jerky- many times overran my rollers and had to pick the shed back up to put the rollers back on track).

Boards and logs (or pipes) is something that I'd consider if I had to do this again. I hadn't been thinking boards when I contemplated logs/pipes; ground being uneven and next to the original location VERY soft (I sank boards as it was!) made me discount such. In general, think "tracks" and "wheels."

Attachments

• ForkWork.jpg
    ForkWork.jpg
    832 KB · Views: 476

Last/first time I moved a shed was over a distance of MANY miles. Broke it down into sections (used my Kubota) and hauled with my utility trailer. I swear the recent move was harder!