Mini Excavator Sizing?

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #1  

Acwa

Tractor
2021 JD 2025r, 26g Cab Excavator
Hi, I’ve got a smaller tractor but now looking to add an excavator. The biggest challenge I’m having is what size to get.
A few things going into this decision:
-Would like to be able to tow in a 12ft 7k dump trailer, my suv maxes out at 7500lbs. This is pretty important but I would rather know now if it will force me into an excavator I won’t be happy with.
-Digging depth isn’t a big need, will be used mostly for property clean up, trenching, driveway work and terracing.
-Lifting capacity seems to be most important, specifically the ability to move larger retaining wall stones and or fallen tree trunks/stumps.
-Would be nice to be maneuverable in smaller areas, it will be used on a 3a property and 6a property.

I’ve been looking at two sizes, the Deere 17g and the Deere 26g, it seems that the 26g is much more capable but would be at the very limits of my towing requirements.
Note I’m open to other brands, just started with Deere since that’s the tractor I have.

Would love advice on what I might not be thinking about when it comes to sizing and any recommended models/makes that could fit the ticket. Especially with great lifting performance for 1500ish lb stones. I know I could rent but I rarely have a full weekend to work so the ability to do an hour or two here and there makes ownership worth it.

Thanks in advance!

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #2  
A machine that small can probably lift 1500 pounds at it’s closest radius but that’s about it. You won’t be able to reach out and do anything with it.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing?
Hi, I’ve got a smaller tractor but now looking to add an excavator. The biggest challenge I’m having is what size to get.
A few things going into this decision:
-Would like to be able to tow in a 12ft 7k dump trailer, my suv maxes out at 7500lbs. This is pretty important but I would rather know now if it will force me into an excavator I won’t be happy with.
-Digging depth isn’t a big need, will be used mostly for property clean up, trenching, driveway work and terracing.
-Lifting capacity seems to be most important, specifically the ability to move larger retaining wall stones and or fallen tree trunks/stumps.
-Would be nice to be maneuverable in smaller areas, it will be used on a 3a property and 6a property.

I’ve been looking at two sizes, the Deere 17g and the Deere 26g, it seems that the 26g is much more capable but would be at the very limits of my towing requirements.
Note I’m open to other brands, just started with Deere since that’s the tractor I have.

Would love advice on what I might not be thinking about when it comes to sizing and any recommended models/makes that could fit the ticket. Especially with great lifting performance for 1500ish lb stones. I know I could rent but I rarely have a full weekend to work so the ability to do an hour or two here and there makes ownership worth it.

Thanks in advance!
I should note that most stones won’t be that big, the heavy ones can go at the base, walls wouldn’t be more than 4ft tall.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing?
A machine that small can probably lift 1500 pounds at its closest radius but that’s about it. You won’t be able to reach out and do anything with it.
I’ve not spent much time in an excavator, would I be able to get them moved around at least?
The lifting charts are a bit confusing, it for instance looks like the 17g can’t lift nearly as much as the tb216.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #6  
My open station 26g I really like although at times is a little tippy so be cautious and aware. Biggest thing for me at time of purchase was it has enough auxiliary flow to run a small flail or chopper, eventually lol. One thing to be aware of if you go the Deere route and keep it for some time is the 26g takes zinc free hydraulic fluid it is 2x + more than other brands in my brief searches.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #7  
Go for at least the JD26 size (6000/3 ton unit) better IMO would be like a Cat 303.5 or Bobcat E32 - 8000 lb machine.

The smaller machine JD 26 can push the bigger 1500lb rocks with the blade and thumb close up as 4570 said.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing?
Maybe I don’t fully understand the lift numbers, the 26g says it can lift 2573lbs from the front, shouldn’t that be able to easily handle those rocks, granted not over the side?

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #9  
Maybe I don’t fully understand the lift numbers, the 26g says it can lift 2573lbs from the front, shouldn’t that be able to easily handle those rocks, granted not over the side?
I've lifted 1.5k over the side close in, blade down I was puckered to the seat lol but I did it without damage I'm aware of. Yes the hydraulics are strong enough to lift 2.5 k in front with blade down imo. It's a strong little machine.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #10  
If you don't need a zero tail swing check out the takeuchis. The big butt overhang makes them very capable for the light weight machines compared to the zero tails.