Might be getting back into a Yanmar

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #41  
Did you buy the 226 from a guy on wildcat road?

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar
Did you buy the 226 from a guy on wildcat road?

I got it from a fellow off Redland Rd in Oregon City, he apparently bought the 226D and an older 30hp Kioti about a year ago from another local.

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #43  
Johndeere, your YM186D appears to have the right tires on it. But you might want to verify this.

Yanmar specified 6-12 for the front tires while US tire stores will sell you a 6.00 x 12, a taller tire, if you don't note the difference. The wrong size would be hard on everything in the gear train.

p1740817rtire600x12vs6-12-jpg.438123

Johndeere, your YM186D appears to have the right tires on it. But you might want to verify this.

Yanmar specified 6-12 for the front tires while US tire stores will sell you a 6.00 x 12, a taller tire, if you don't note the difference. The wrong size would be hard on everything in the gear train.

p1740817rtire600x12vs6-12-jpg.438123

I’ll have to double check that, thanks!

Had a chance to work on the 186D last night and ran into an issue. Installed a new generator and still have the battery light on. New voltage regulator too. Looks like I’ll be digging deeper into the wiring to figure out why this tractor won’t charge. I did notice that with the key on, engine off, the battery light doesn’t illuminate. It dimly illuminates at a low idle and gets brighter as you throttle up. I’ll have to look deeper into it to see if the new regulator is pinned correctly to the yanmar harness.

IMG_9361.JPG

IMG_9360.JPG

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #46  
Had a chance to work on the 186D last night and ran into an issue. Installed a new generator and still have the battery light on. New voltage regulator too. Looks like I’ll be digging deeper into the wiring to figure out why this tractor won’t charge. I did notice that with the key on, engine off, the battery light doesn’t illuminate. It dimly illuminates at a low idle and gets brighter as you throttle up. I’ll have to look deeper into it to see if the new regulator is pinned correctly to the yanmar harness.

View attachment 699885

View attachment 699886
Hmmm...could it be a weak grounding issue?

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #47  
Installed a new generator and still have the battery light on. New voltage regulator too.... key on, engine off, the battery light doesn’t illuminate. It dimly illuminates at a low idle and gets brighter as you throttle up.
There's some sort of circuit-test module (that didn't exist on the prior models) which does a lights test after the key is switched on. Maybe its powered from the wrong terminals on the ignition switch.

Had another chance today to work on the 186D. I had ordered a new ignition switch for the 226D and figured I’d try swapping that over. Same result, still wouldn’t charge. I traced out the wiring harness and found some bad connections. Fixed those and once again, wouldn’t charge. I tried the start run relay out of the 226D, still no change. I finally decided to try the voltage regulator from the 226D and finally, it charges! All along the new voltage regulator was bad out of the box. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Now to set aside some time to rebuild the front knuckles...

IMG_9395.JPG

IMG_9396.JPG

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #49  
Had another chance today to work on the 186D. I had ordered a new ignition switch for the 226D and figured I’d try swapping that over. Same result, still wouldn’t charge. I traced out the wiring harness and found some bad connections. Fixed those and once again, wouldn’t charge. I tried the start run relay out of the 226D, still no change. I finally decided to try the voltage regulator from the 226D and finally, it charges! All along the new voltage regulator was bad out of the box. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Now to set aside some time to rebuild the front knuckles...

View attachment 700285

View attachment 700286

2 good things. wires fixed and bad part under warranty. :)

Finally getting the wiring dialed in on the 186D. Headlights and work light are now working, new orange flashing lights and switch, and now the horn works.

IMG_9406.JPG

IMG_9410.JPG