Might be getting back into a Yanmar

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #11  
Looking at that filter everything would get Serv.. My guess would be the Hyd. Fluid, Radiator, Anti freeze Etc.. just as bad. I believe looking at how bad the Fuel filter is there's a Screen/Filter on the Valve body of that PS.. I would check to see if it is there and clean it. Nice Find!!!

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #12  
Yes the clicking when mowing is the over-run clutch, standard on all US Yanmars.

Same thing as coasting a bicycle, only louder.

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #13  

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    642.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 150
The Old style Overrun that I use. I remove the Grease Zert after I grease it up and put the plug I made back in to seal it back up. Done that right off the bat. Sure enough if there's a chance of it breaking I'll do it!!.............

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #14  
I think the 186 has an internal over run clutch. Yes, that is likely what you hear.

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #15  
Bad need of Serv.. It's not low Maint. but A No! Maint from the looks of the Fuel filter. New Hyd. fluid and clean everything may help a lot.

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar
That filter's NOT purdy...

Re ORC... if you have one you can plainly see it on the pto shaft and if you turn it by hand you would hear the clicking...

I didn’t see one externally, I may spin it over by hand and see if it clicks at all. Only does it with clutch pedal pressed and PTO engaged, stops immediately after disengaging the PTO.

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #17  
I hadn't considered the possibility of an internal orc...
With engine OFF and pto engaged, w an orc you'll be able to turn the shaft by hand one direction (w clicking) and not the other direction.

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #18  

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    642.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 150
The Old style Overrun that I use. I remove the Grease Zert after I grease it up and put the plug I made back in to seal it back up. Done that right off the bat. Sure enough if there's a chance of it breaking I'll do it!!.............
I see Winston answered as I clicked this. But yes it's internal and factory unlike the grey models where we have to run an external one because outlrs did not come with the internal OR clutch.

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #19  
It’s certainly been a while, almost 10 years ago I sold my YM169D to purchase my first skidsteer. Today I do excavation full time with several newer bobcat machines but still have a soft spot for the 80’s US market Yanmar tractors. This afternoon I’m going to go look at this YM186D, apparently it needs charging system work and the front axle needs resealed. Nothing too crazy, hoping to pick up a small finish mower for it to mow around my yard space. Anything I should look out for specifically aside from the basics?

View attachment 698224
If I remember right are you the kid...that had the small Yanmar? Well kid back then...still I guess a kid to most of us these days, although a man now! Thinking your worked on it with you granddad? Has it been 10 years 😳!!?? Think you made a rake for your round pen?

Welcome back. Great looking tractor!

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #20  
Yes, and this kid, I mean young man can draw a mean tractor with a pencil.
He drew some Yanmar sketches for me that I had on my shop bulletin board for quite a few years.
And he was only 14 or so when he drew them.