Might be getting back into a Yanmar

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar
If I remember right are you the kid...that had the small Yanmar? Well kid back then...still I guess a kid to most of us these days, although a man now! Thinking your worked on it with you granddad? Has it been 10 years !!?? Think you made a rake for your round pen?

Welcome back. Great looking tractor!

Yep, that’s me! Bought the 169D at age 14, I’m 25 now so it’s been a little while. I started an excavation business about 4 years ago and have slowly been working my way into newer equipment however I still can’t get past these 80’s vintage yanmar tractors. Unfortunately with the rakes my manufacture moved and lost all of my cad drawings so I’ve stepped back from that to focus on the excavation business.

IMG_7944.JPG

Yes, and this kid, I mean young man can draw a mean tractor with a pencil.
He drew some Yanmar sketches for me that I had on my shop bulletin board for quite a few years.
And he was only 14 or so when he drew them.

It’s definitely been a minute, I still have some yanmar sketches hidden in a drawer somewhere. Wish you were still on the east side, seems like the yanmar parts are becoming scarce around here since Raffi just retired. Heck it’d be nice just to catch up sometime!

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #23  
Yep, that’s me! Bought the 169D at age 14, I’m 25 now so it’s been a little while. I started an excavation business about 4 years ago and have slowly been working my way into newer equipment however I still can’t get past these 80’s vintage yanmar tractors. Unfortunately with the rakes my manufacture moved and lost all of my cad drawings so I’ve stepped back from that to focus on the excavation business.

View attachment 698515

I've hung on to all my SolidWorks CAD data for things. Never know when it would be needed or revised to something refreshed and newer. ;)

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #24  
... seems like the yanmar parts are becoming scarce around here since Raffi just retired.
Do you have any idea where Raffi's inventory went? He had several small Yanmars, mostly intact, with tons of valuable parts. They must be somewhere near there.

Good guy. When I needed a couple of things he had just what I needed.

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #25  
Hi neighbor. I'm down in Oregon City and I actually called the guy on that machine to ask about it, before he got back to me, SOLD! Guess I was not fast enough! Enjoy! I'll probably find a machine with a little bit bigger rear wheels. Maybe up to a YM2020D series. The terrain here is so dang rough, need big tires to help bridge the gaps. What are the total rear wheel diameters measuring at on your 186?

Did not realize Raffi was retired. Saw his ads last year and poof, gone this year. Makes sense now.

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #26  
Hi neighbor. I'm down in Oregon City and I actually called the guy on that machine to ask about it, before he got back to me, SOLD! Guess I was not fast enough! Enjoy! I'll probably find a machine with a little bit bigger rear wheels. Maybe up to a YM2020D series. The terrain here is so dang rough, need big tires to help bridge the gaps. What are the total rear wheel diameters measuring at on your 186?

Did not realize Raffi was retired. Saw his ads last year and poof, gone this year. Makes sense now.

Sadly since C19 hit, lots of businesses dropped out of sight for good. :(

Not too long ago, maybe a few months ago, there was a posting here to a CList ad offering various ROPs fitting several Gray Market machines. Looked like an operation that was closing shop and cleaning out all the closets out your way.

I’m actually eyeing a 226D on marketplace too that’s in Oregon City, the guys out of town till Tuesday but that might fit the bill for what you’re after.

/ Might be getting back into a Yanmar #28  
I’m actually eyeing a 226D on marketplace too that’s in Oregon City, the guys out of town till Tuesday but that might fit the bill for what you’re after.
Hmm...226D near me, I am not seeing it on FB marketplace though. FYI, I wont compete with you if you want it though!

Hmm...226D near me, I am not seeing it on FB marketplace though. FYI, I wont compete with you if you want it though!

Lol I don’t need it, I’d really like to see it go to a good home. Here’s a screenshot of the ad:

IMG_9153.JPG

I mowed some more with the 186D and I think it’ll do what I want, plus if I wanna go faster I’ve got a brushcat for my skidsteer that’s 2-3x faster.

Little update for the day:

Upon testing the regulator I got continuity on pins that I shouldn’t have so I picked up a new regulator in town.
IMG_9143.JPG

I also found the main wire loom had some chafed wires due to the steering lever shield. I repaired the two wires that had been exposed and started to corrode.
IMG_9147.JPG

I’ve got these wires that I have not yet identified, hoping to figure out what they’re for. Also attempted to hook back up the pto and clutch safety switches however neither seemed to work and just prevented the tractor from starting so I just unhooked them again.
IMG_9149.JPG

After all of this I still have the same problems, battery sits at 12.5V while the tractor is running yet the battery light is always illuminated and gets brighter as you idle up. Driving home from the shop I think I figured out why, I don’t have a charging wire going from the regulator to the battery, so that’d probably explain why it won’t charge. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Of course after messing with the tractor I had to take it out and mow some grass. I should probably set up more shelving so the yanmar will fit all the way in the barn with the bobcats.
IMG_9150.JPG
IMG_9152.JPG