Massive storm clean up

/ Massive storm clean up #111  
Nothing harder on equipment than messing with trees. Hopefully only hurt the pin.

/ Massive storm clean up #112  
Trees or rock quarries the worst?

/ Massive storm clean up #113  
I wonder how this repair will be handled. Will I be on the hook for the entire repair, or part of it.
Did you opt for damage waiver insurance? That would cover it. No waiver it will be the dealers call. Not too bad a repair though.
Pin, bushings, snap rings ~ $500 in parts.

/ Massive storm clean up
Well the situation is just fine. Company owner is a guy I have done biz with for years. He said it cracked from fatigue. No charge to me.
The Cat 299 skid steer was dropped off and the excavator went away. Today was the start of the ground cleanup of all the branches. There’s a few logs left.

As you cane see, we broke through the lower tree line in places.

1693348570279.jpeg

It’s nice to see dirt again, lol.
Some areas are actually looking like they might be ready for seed, and its a perfect time to lay down seed.

1693348697364.jpeg

We are pushing up massive plies of brush, which sets up for weeks of brush chipping. Which I hope they will decide to have me do.

Off in the distance, you can see the storm swept up the valley and destroyed many more trees.
1693348820571.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Massive storm clean up #115  
State had a contractor clean up, chip up, branches from a tree that had fallen across our road, maybe in that same storm. The day it fell they brought large loader with grapple and piled it in my neighbors front yard.
They used a little ride behind tracked grapple machine to pick up and feed into the chipper, which I didn’t get in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpeg
    IMG_0743.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
   / Massive storm clean up #116  
Can you get a drone shot of the cleanup area?

/ Massive storm clean up
Can you get a drone shot of the cleanup area?
The property manager does have drone footage. I could try to get a couple aerial shots, but they were right after the storm.
Would be cool if we could get before & after.

/ Massive storm clean up
State had a contractor clean up, chip up, branches from a tree that had fallen across our road, maybe in that same storm. The day it fell they brought large loader with grapple and piled it in my neighbors front yard.
They used a little ride behind tracked grapple machine to pick up and feed into the chipper, which I didn’t get in the picture.
Those little ride on tracked dingos are a chippers best friend.

/ Massive storm clean up #120  
Well the situation is just fine. Company owner is a guy I have done biz with for years. He said it cracked from fatigue. No charge to me.
The Cat 299 skid steer was dropped off and the excavator went away. Today was the start of the ground cleanup of all the branches. There’s a few logs left.

As you cane see, we broke through the lower tree line in places.

View attachment 818567

It’s nice to see dirt again, lol.
Some areas are actually looking like they might be ready for seed, and its a perfect time to lay down seed.

View attachment 818568

We are pushing up massive plies of brush, which sets up for weeks of brush chipping. Which I hope they will decide to have me do.

Off in the distance, you can see the storm swept up the valley and destroyed many more trees.
View attachment 818569
Are you planning on pulling the stumps?