Log splitter and a flying log - safety

/ Log splitter and a flying log - safety #91  
Thank you. He actually passed away very early this morning, but at least he is finally at peace.
I appreciate the prayers and thoughts. December has been a rough ending to the year.
My condolences. I'm glad that he is at peace, and I'm glad that you were able to be there. It has helped me when folks I care about aren't suffering any longer.

You seem to have had a rough spell! Take care of yourself. I hope that life improves for you.

All the best,

Peter

/ Log splitter and a flying log - safety #92  
So sorry to read this. I have been following along and am impressed with your hard work. Praying for you and your family!

/ Log splitter and a flying log - safety #94  
Yes, so sorry about your father. How old was he if you don't mind me asking.

/ Log splitter and a flying log - safety #96  
Thank you. He actually passed away very early this morning, but at least he is finally at peace.
I appreciate the prayers and thoughts. December has been a rough ending to the year.
Condolences and prayers for you and the family. Very sorry for your loss.

/ Log splitter and a flying log - safety #97  
I will get one tomorrow but I posted a link to it above if that helps for now.
Thank you for your input and ideas
well, this is the log splitter follow the latest Euro safety standard, you can see the difference from yours.

Attachments

• short log wedge splitter.jpg
    short log wedge splitter.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 77
   / Log splitter and a flying log - safety #99  
well, this is the log splitter follow the latest Euro safety standard, you can see the difference from yours.
Interesting. Not the way I would have designed it. I would have used a few metal bands. One would have thought that they would have designed the door/lid would be on the side so as not to have to lift the log even higher. Then again many areas of Europe rely on copiced wood for firewood, so the pieces tend to be smaller.

Variety is the spice of life as they say...

All the best, Peter

/ Log splitter and a flying log - safety #100  
I had it happen to me a few weekends ago. Dang near hit me square in the junk.

I was also splitting horizontally. I suspect vertical might be safer, but like others have said, tougher on the back and usually reserved for the largest pieces.