Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,231  
I have a Bestco AGL 165 Ditch bank flail mower. Anybody gone to the Y blades on this one? If so where did you get them since I would also need the appropriate spacers? Emailed Bestco awaiting a response, but perhaps there is a better source.
Thanks\Mike

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,232  
What are you looking/needing to mow?

I'm running a 7' flail on my 55hp Kioti and am mowing all sorts of crap, in which case I had to have a mulcher type of flail (as well as having hydraulic side-shift): the flail is rated for 60hp to 120hp machines (I have to operate at slower ground speeds so I figured I could get by being a bit under-powered). Prices have gone up and are now around $4,300 for this flail: I got mine for $3,500. Lighter-duty flails are, of course, less.
What exactly do the tines do for you on that Nova mower? Are those mulching tines? Mine has a stationary strip of teeth that do the mulching.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,233  
I think I am going to get the Sicma MLA - 160. Anyone have experience with this brand/flail?

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,234  
What exactly do the tines do for you on that Nova mower? Are those mulching tines? Mine has a stationary strip of teeth that do the mulching.
My Pruzzo has fixed teeth out of dull bar stock. Seems to provide a good fixed jaw for the hammers to chew up & mulch stuff against.
20200419_165240-1.jpg

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,235  
I can't stand it any longer. I just got to get me one of these damn FLAIL mowers. I live in north central Louisiana and we have no dealers in my part of the woods. I have been looking at a CARONI brand mower 73" for about $ 2600.00

Do any of you guys have any info on this brand. this REDNECK COONASS needs some help. My tractor is 65 HP.
Thanks for info,
Allen
Right now on FB-marketplace here in my “Hometown” of Denton, Tx is a Ford 917 for a modest $950! (Rolls eyes) it’s been listed for about 2 weeks as of tomorrow.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,236  
Right now on FB-marketplace here in my “Hometown” of Denton, Tx is a Ford 917 for a modest $950! (Rolls eyes) it’s been listed for about 2 weeks as of tomorrow.
That one has been on and off for more than 6 months. (I’ve been tracking it or was until I bought a different unit)

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,237  

Depends on condition - if it's in good condition and not in need of major overhaul it's perfectly OK asking price.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,238  

Ford 917 is a good choice because it has decent aftermarket support. Also, Alamo course cut blades will fit on that unit as well (in the course cut positions). As arto said, if it is in good condition that's a fair price for it. I bought one missing the rear roller for $750, made a new roller for it and replace the blades. After using it for a year I sold it for $1200.