Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,061  
That pic is from Deere site.

Here's the one I'm looking at
This pic looks like the top pin has already been modified once with a blue wrench. And the rear stays appear to be tubes. Definitely different than my 25A.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,062  
Heres a pic of mine. The front uprights on your pic are made from angle, mine are a wide flat plate. On mine, the QH top hook can get under the pin if it is all the way forward
20210428_064222.jpg

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,064  
There is nothing a man with a torch and welder cannot make work.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,065  
That pic is from Deere site.

Here's the one I'm looking at
May I ask for a picture of your own Quick hitch model? So I can fully grasp what your worried about please?

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,066  
Wow, *Now* I understand. That’s a seriously long slot to have a pin slide fore & aft in!
That is definitely a speed bump to adapting for a quick hitch setup with that amount of slop.(for lack of a better description.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,067  
Lost out on the cheap mower to someone else. The search continues

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,068  
I've been contemplating the purchase of a Flail mower for quite some time. I mow roughly 3 acres mixed hills and flat lands. Does anybody mow hills with their flail? How does it perform and compare to other options?

Mike

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,069  
Finish flail mowers and rough cut flail mowers work well with hilly terrain. As with any tractor of any size you would want to back up the hill and mow down the hill if it is above 15 percent grade anyway with NO mowing across the slope.

I towed the 48 inch motorized flail mower previously owned by my father up his 15 degree lawn slope with his heavy lawn tractor with no issues.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,070  
^^^^
Good to know, thank you!

When mowing on a hill, do you raise the Flail on the 3-pt when backing up the hill and then lower it to mow down hill?

I'm liking this option more and more.

Mike