Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,051  
That's one ugly looking mower but, it looks like it is indestructible. Paint it blue!
Better than my $100 917. Mine had paint but lots of dents on the hood & other obvious issues.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,052  
I found a ford 907 flail 6' wide for 150 bucks. Seller says it needs a bearing and the belt is a little worn. Looks to be complete except for one of the knife assemblies. Its rusty so would need a good cleaning and paint job or minor restoration. Worth picking up? Its been for sale for a long time so I think i could snag it for under a hundred.
Snag it!

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,053  
Any Deere 25A users that can help. Looking at buying a 25A to work with my jd quick hitch. Deere shows the serial break at 644700 and the one I looked at is 636xxx. I don't want to take the qh off everytime to use it since all my other attachments are setup with qh.
Any way to make it work with quick or walk away and find one that does? Seems like a crazy question but looking to see what others have done. Thanks

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,054  
Any Deere 25A users that can help. Looking at buying a 25A to work with my jd quick hitch. Deere shows the serial break at 644700 and the one I looked at is 636xxx. I don't want to take the qh off everytime to use it since all my other attachments are setup with qh.
Any way to make it work with quick or walk away and find one that does? Seems like a crazy question but looking to see what others have done. Thanks
1st) I don’t own one, I did a fair amount of searching for one. Missed out on two eventually.
2nd) regarding the Quick hitch setup, I’m at a loss as to how the serial number is a serious “stumbling block” given all the images I have seen of all the years it was made. Every one I can recall seeing and every stinkin’ one I can dig up in a web search (just now as a mental refresher) has the 3 point set up that’s identical and thus, a slam dunk for the quick hitch yoke looking setup that I’m assuming is what your referring to?
3rd) it may be a couple days before you one of the 25a members to chime in so.... if possible can you snag a picture of the setup from the 25A your wanting to get and maybe.....

just maybe the rest of us can come up with a reasonable educated guess. As apposed to a W*A*G.

(edit to add) 4th) I have a Ford 917 and yes, I know there are a few variants of this model. The 3 point setup I have is slightly different from the 25A in that the lower connection is 2 bars (with holes) for the pin to slide thru for each arm. However, it would be reasonably easy to get a pair of “those long pins” with threads, a nut and washer from like TSC. Then get 2 extra nuts & get a few more washers; this would allow anyone to take the twin bars and make them Quick hitch ready once you also put a pin with washers thru the top set of holes as well.

fair enough dude?

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,055  
My 25A has a fore-aft sliding pin slot at the top link. Not directly QH compatible. Not sure of the S/N, but it has the later model 6 bolt type rotor bearing housing; same as my 390. 390 is CAT2 and QH compatible, but 2x the weight of the 25A.

Edit: With the top link all the way forward, looks like it may work with a QH. But you won't have the slider capability. S/N is 642971

Can't get photos to attach properly at the moment.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,056  
This is what Deere says.... My s/n is 636xxx so according to this its not QH compatible. I plan on taking my hitch to the mower and see what it looks like. Just trying to use the QH since I have it and not take it off evrrytime I use or move the mower. Thanks for the replies!

Tractor hookup​

Tractor hookup

Tractor hookup

#

The 25A hitch is now compatible with any Category 1 3-point hitch (with or without the iMatch™ Quick-Coupler system).

iMatch compatibility starts with serial number 644700.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,057  
The mower in your pic has the same slot as mine. I'm guessing that was changed to a fixed pin with correct iMatch geometry. Nothing that a little time with the plasma cutter and some 7018 rods won't fix.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,058  
That pic is from Deere site.

Here's the one I'm looking at

Attachments

• 25A-1.jpg
    25A-1.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 92
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,059  
If it won't fit fab it up and make it fit. I've had to modify all of my implements to fit mine except my bush hog.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,060  
doesn't look like your top hook will slide under the top pin but the yoke adapter mentioned above would work. doesn't look like it would be too hard to extend the pin hole out a little so the top hook clears that bracket under the pin hole, If you can weld.