Learning how to drive with a trailer..

/ Learning how to drive with a trailer.. #41  
when backing up, put your hand at the bottom part of the steering wheel. as you back up, turn the wheel in the direction you want the trailer to go...

???
You always have to turn the wheel in the direction you want to go. Whether you’re towing a trailer, not towing, going forwards, backwards, or have your hands on the top or bottom of the wheel.

/ Learning how to drive with a trailer..
What truck would have a tow package without a hitch? Does the truck have a trailer wire plug yet?

Once your truck is wired and has a hitch, find someone with a trailer to go through the steps attaching/driving with a trailer. Take the trailer owner out to lunch while you are on the test drive. Get a feel for it before you spend a bunch of money on trailers.
I guess the time change has fried my brain...yes I have a hitch what I meant to say is I dont have the hitch pin, ball mount and all that.

/ Learning how to drive with a trailer.. #43  
Remember when going forward the trailer turns sharper than the truck, so make wide turns. The longer the trailer the worse this effect is

/ Learning how to drive with a trailer.. #44  
I haven’t run into anything because I forgot but I have been driving down the road and all the sudden remembered I have a trailer back there.
Don't feel alone. My little dump trailer is only 4 feet wide and pulls easily even when loaded. It doesn't show in the mirrors and is easy to forget about.
On the other hand I struggle backing it up. When I had a 16 foot tandem axle I could easily back it down my driveway or up through my field; all my little trailer wants to do is jackknife.

/ Learning how to drive with a trailer.. #45  
???
You always have to turn the wheel in the direction you want to go. Whether you’re towing a trailer, not towing, going forwards, backwards, or have your hands on the top or bottom of the wheel.
He's correct though. Try it sometime just so that you can understand what he's saying. With your hadn on the bottom if you want the trailer to go left, you turn your hand left.

/ Learning how to drive with a trailer.. #46  
Besides the hand at the bottom of the wheel guide, another is to just follow the trailer. If the trailer is drifting left, go to the left with the truck.

/ Learning how to drive with a trailer..
Thanks for all the input guys. I am in rural Virginia just for the record. I have a 2017 Ram 1500 4x4 with the towing package. I do have a Polaris and a lawn cart and backing it up is a pain lol. I have several friends that have trailers and tow all the time. I figured I could bribe one of them to go with me when I started towing to bail me out if I got in trouble lol. My wife's brother is giving her an old camper that belonged to her late father, and she wants to redo it. Once he drops it off I think I will do as several mentioned and practice with the tractor pulling that thing around on the property.

/ Learning how to drive with a trailer.. #49  
???

you're not reading what I wrote correctly. I didn't say "turn the wheel in the direction you want to go"...