Inverted Snow Blower

/ Inverted Snow Blower #31  
Not hi-jack this thread but I am curious on how well the pull type blowers work on wet heavy heart attack snows that packs into ice the first time you drive on it. Will they scrape up the tire tracks or just ride on top leaving a layer of snow?
Since typically they weigh a fair amount -mine is circa 1000 lbs and they have a cutting edge that they ride on they do pretty well- depending on angle of attack. The issue is not so much what the tractor drives over, that gets scraped well, the problem is car and truck tracks that have time to set up.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #32  
I have thought about it and the idea seems great. But the idea of waking up and finding the storm has dumped 2 or 4 feet of snow in my driveway and I've got a 4 to 6+ foot drift across the middle of it and all I have is a blower the requires me to drive thought that before I can move it with my little tractor just does not seem like a good idea. I have a traditional rear blower because I need one piece of equipment that can handle whatever I get. Big snowfalls are a common event here.
Here that multi ft snow just isn't common. We've had only maybe 3 2-3 ft snows in the 17 years we've been here. Wind also is not a big factor. We average maybe 120inches and get many days of snow, just not big days. A pull blower is not going to be for everyone but not everyone gets big snows commonly or has huge drifts. The worst i have cleared was late in the season 30ish inches of packed and accumulated snow and ice resulting from the whole winter. Wasn't fast but it worked.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #33  
People buy traditional 3pt blowers because they are cheaper and that's what dealers stock (in the US). I think if dealers had a Rear Pull that people could demo, they would sell like hotcakes.

They seem to be more prevalent in Canada, maybe because more people have seen them in action.
As i replied in another thread, i was recently in far north norway where I saw more PTO blowers than i've ever seen- Tractors are the snow clearing tool there. I also saw no or almost no push blowers- they were all inverted. LOTS of them

/ Inverted Snow Blower #34  
Hey, hey, hey, Some people do receive some snow here... (in the states)

I was interested to follow this thread.
deepsnow3.jpg
mailboxsnow989.jpg

/ Inverted Snow Blower #35  
I had a push type and it didn't really work for me to well. Going down a hill in reverse and hitting a patch of ice starting a out of control slide ,not fun. Pushing up the hill overloaded the tractor. Finally bought a pull type and problems solved. I hope this helps

/ Inverted Snow Blower #36  
Hello and good moring Roy,

You should be getting the heavy rain/gully washer we just received.

Seeing your post about snow blowers made me go back and look at the Pronovost TRC720 TRC with the rotating impeller drum that work well for heavy slush salt laden snow.

I could not upload a picture of the rear of the snowblower minus the chute to show the left and right discharge openings but the image
is on the 720TRC page.

Pronovost still sells front mount attachment kits for its snowblowers for tractors with mid point PTO systems.

The Pronovost dealer in Vermont is United Ag & Turf in Royalton, Vermont.

www.pronovostinc.com/en/snowblowers/pronovost-group-i/p-720-p-720trc

Attachments

• P-720 1.jpeg
    P-720 1.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 95
   / Inverted Snow Blower
   / Inverted Snow Blower #38  
I’d really like to try a pull type but our drifts are a tad too solid to drive through. This drift is only about a foot.

Attachments

• 07C110FC-445E-4371-917E-C69AAFC485C5.jpeg
    07C110FC-445E-4371-917E-C69AAFC485C5.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 105
  • 3527B6F2-492A-49E2-9621-2695E4048BE5.jpeg
    3527B6F2-492A-49E2-9621-2695E4048BE5.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 109
   / Inverted Snow Blower #39  
I'm going to be starting on 3rd winter with tractor ownership and inverted snowblower, they work exceptional for maintenance plowing UNLESS you have walls of drift snow conditions. THEN I would say stick to your rear facing blower or the ultimate front mounted blower. But I'm happy with my Candadian made MK Martin Meteor.
271077954_10158475562020983_2348743580849733744_n.jpg

/ Inverted Snow Blower #40  
Here is TractorTYMe in action