Inverted Snow Blower

/ Inverted Snow Blower #41  
Roy, I purchased a Metor 72" in the spring of '20 after the season, so last year was my first experience with it. The first snow of the season was about 18" of heavy wet packing snow. I had some problems pulling thru it and would have to drive forward with the blower in the air to make a path, and then I was able to pull the blower thru it. This first experience had me questioning my purchase. Fortunately after that first wet mushy snow I had little problem driving thru the snow the rest of the winter. Most of the time I'm blowing a foot or less of snow and I just blow driving out, turn around and finish up on my way back into the driveway. Driving forward is much easier on my neck.
The longer your driveway the more you will like the inverted blower.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #42  
Roy,
I’ve looked off and on for a used inverted blower for years now, and found they don’t come up all that often. Are you planning on buying new or used?

I lucked out and happened to come across a good price on a pretty heavy Erskine unit. I don’t know much about Erskine and have always dreamt of a Normand or Pronovost (not puma), but figured I’d take a chance. It’s supposedly 1,400lbs. The model is 901RP.

I bought a blower that is likely way too big for my tractor at 39 PTO hp and 90” wide, but I’ll let you know once snow falls! I’ve always wanted an inverted blower, and for better or for worse, I can’t wait to try it!

IMG_9222.JPG

IMG_9512.JPG

/ Inverted Snow Blower #43  
If you can manage to make it tr=rough the first pass, you can always just take half a width. You're goung to love a rear pull.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #44  
Roy,
I’ve looked off and on for a used inverted blower for years now, and found they don’t come up all that often. Are you planning on buying new or used?

I lucked out and happened to come across a good price on a pretty heavy Erskine unit. I don’t know much about Erskine and have always dreamt of a Normand or Pronovost (not puma), but figured I’d take a chance. It’s supposedly 1,400lbs. The model is 901RP.

I bought a blower that is likely way too big for my tractor at 39 PTO hp and 90” wide, but I’ll let you know once snow falls! I’ve always wanted an inverted blower, and for better or for worse, I can’t wait to try it!

View attachment 762233

View attachment 762234
That cant wait to try it , is how I feel. Congrats on the inverted blower:)

Chomping at the bit to try the Wifo 84 inch inverted I bought, but it was on back order and the local dealer said it won't be here until November.

I just hope it does get here by then...

/ Inverted Snow Blower #45  
I have 72 inch conventional rear 3 point Meteor blower with hydraulic swivel and tilt, have used it the past two winters, sheared 2 pins last winter but they are pretty quick and easy to replace. Tractor is hydrostatic and has 4 wheel drive so far I haven’t needed to use tire chains. My yard and driveway are only about 100 yards long, there are to many parts that require backing into so I don’t think a pull type blower would work as well in my situation. But if I actually had the chance to try a pull type blower my opinion might change.
The previous 30 years I plowed most of my snow with a 8N Ford tractor and a rear blade, it’s much easier and more enjoyable now with a cab heat and radio.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #46  
I haven't told the wife yet, but my retirement gift to myself will be either a front mount blower, or an inverted rear mount. My driveway and yard is relatively flat, so I am not concerned about slipping uphill trying to go through whatever dump of snow we receive. Like someone already mentioned, just raise the bucket a foot or so, and whatever excess snow will overflow the bucket, rolling ahead, or escaping out the side, hopefully picked up by the blower. Interested in others opinions as well.

/ Inverted Snow Blower
   / Inverted Snow Blower #49  
I am unsure why you would not want input from the commercial guys. We have run these blowers more than anyone else. I am also not going to tell you to go out and purchase a setup like mine. With that said.
The inverted blower is not an end all be all by any means. You cannot back into a large snow bank and blow it out of the way. If you get a 4' snow storm there are better choices. They are heavier. If you have an issue with 3pt hitch lift you want to verify you can lift one.
The pros to one are many. It follows the contours of a driveway better than backing into an uneven driveway.
It cleans up better at the end of the driveway and is not leaving that snow bank up by your garage.
It will clean down as well as anything I have used when setup properly. I have owned quite a few of each.
I am not going to say it is way easier on the neck as I still look back. I guess you could never look back but I do.
The blower will swing wider in turns. With a backup blower your front end swings wider. I have never had an issue with either.
Wet snow is not an issue for either blower so long as you are set up right.

These are my thoughts and I will try to answer any questions you may have. I am a commercial snow guy though so may want to disregard :)

/ Inverted Snow Blower #50  
Hey Roy, I’m a little north of you in the NEK. I have and had two, actually three rear pull style blowers or inverted.
My wife( girl friend first) had a Kubota 30 hp with a 72” snow way I think it was called. A TBN member now owns it( fitter1) it worked well with that tractor.

I bought a John Deere 5105m with a cab. I then got a Fransgard v style pull behind blower. It worked well but was longer and had a smaller fan along with only four blades.

I then sold that one( to an old neighbor who blew up his Fransgard. Welded drive line, no shear bolt) and bought a Normand 92” inverted. 2018 model only used once for four hours! It was only a little over $6k bought in Canada.

I clear our driveway and a 1/2 mile of class 4 road. These work amazing and to me the only way to go. I have studded ice chains and I can go in as deep of snow that I can drive through. I always run my tractor in epto and never run out of power. In a 3-4’ storm( if we ever get one?) I would go out 2-3 times.

My old v style I have a picture of it handling 2’ of snow.plow guy usually plow every 6” plus or minus. Blowing is slower but once it goes through the machine, it’s gone forever. No banks to push back, if you needed to the loader on the front takes care of that.

I will post some pictures of both units.

John
1813AF75-BF57-4E75-B0CC-2AF8CE1E81AE.jpeg
4A707D55-7FE4-4517-8392-7E69FF5D6F2A.jpeg
1AD08727-B335-4DE1-8F1F-FF1565A66E60.jpeg