Inverted Snow Blower

/ Inverted Snow Blower
Roy, I have an inverted. It's fine and does what I need it to. Ask away!
What brand and width?
If I go for one, I'll want 72 (±2") width...also, the hydraulic chute rotation. Deflector rotation would be nice, but I don't have it on my current Frontier conventional blower and rarely adjust the deflector.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #12  
What brand and width?
If I go for one, I'll want 72 (±2") width...also, the hydraulic chute rotation. Deflector rotation would be nice, but I don't have it on my current Frontier conventional blower and rarely adjust the deflector.

I have a 78" Erskine with the hydraulic chute. Same as you, I rarely adjust the deflector. It's heavy, 1100 pounds so dragging it up a steep part of my gravel drive, chains are required.

I've only had it for one snow season but so far I'm happy with it. It is noisy however from the gear drive assembly. I'm hoping it will break in and lessen the noise.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #13  
Deleted previous post.

Last edited:
   / Inverted Snow Blower #14  
Not hi-jack this thread but I am curious on how well the pull type blowers work on wet heavy heart attack snows that packs into ice the first time you drive on it. Will they scrape up the tire tracks or just ride on top leaving a layer of snow?

/ Inverted Snow Blower #15  
I've used mine in wet snow that was almost slush, it left just the smallest amount of ice under the tire marks you could actually see where the chain studs had dug into it.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #16  
Anyone else a bit surprised that there appear to be only a Very few TBN members with inverted blowers.

Maybe I am wrong, but looks like well under 10 that have pull type blowers.

I have a couple reasons that imo will make it a big improvement for me,
first I have a damaged back, plowing in reverse with the box blade is not fun plus when getting to the pile it wears a guy out clutching and shifting and looking back hopefully will be reduced along with hitting the pile.

Also especially hopeful that I can make a big loop out of the 2 connected driveways of ~1000 feet by driving to one end turning around and repeat Basically access will be available after just one full looped forward pass.
Next thinking that multiple single passes in the parking areas will reduce the multiple passes that the bucket and box blade over the same area required because of spill over.
Finally like the idea of still having a bucket available, so still can move a bank back or clear out the mail box area.
The bucket also from other posts sounds like if a big snow happens can be held at a foot or two off the ground and then the blower used to clean right to to the ground.

Last edited:
   / Inverted Snow Blower #17  
People buy traditional 3pt blowers because they are cheaper and that's what dealers stock (in the US). I think if dealers had a Rear Pull that people could demo, they would sell like hotcakes.

They seem to be more prevalent in Canada, maybe because more people have seen them in action.

/ Inverted Snow Blower
I have a 78" Erskine with the hydraulic chute. Same as you, I rarely adjust the deflector. It's heavy, 1100 pounds so dragging it up a steep part of my gravel drive, chains are required.

I've only had it for one snow season but so far I'm happy with it. It is noisy however from the gear drive assembly. I'm hoping it will break in and lessen the noise.

If you don't mind me asking...what did it cost? PM if you prefer

/ Inverted Snow Blower #19  
People buy traditional 3pt blowers because they are cheaper and that's what dealers stock (in the US). I think if dealers had a Rear Pull that people could demo, they would sell like hotcakes.

They seem to be more prevalent in Canada, maybe because more people have seen them in action.
I have thought about it and the idea seems great. But the idea of waking up and finding the storm has dumped 2 or 4 feet of snow in my driveway and I've got a 4 to 6+ foot drift across the middle of it and all I have is a blower the requires me to drive thought that before I can move it with my little tractor just does not seem like a good idea. I have a traditional rear blower because I need one piece of equipment that can handle whatever I get. Big snowfalls are a common event here.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #20  
Two feet of snow can be driven through with my inverted unit easily. We got a 38" storm and I managed to walk through 90% of that. Were the town plows had rowed it up I did have to back in a ways then drive ahead, I got 4 - 5 feet each time doing that so a half dozen pulls and the driveway width was opened. I did have the bucket sitting a couple of feet above the ground and while driving it acted similar to a plow pushing some snow ahead with the majority going off to the side. When I picked up the other passes I was centering the row of snow, no issues for me.