Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel)

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #31  
It's been said on here, I think by pcabe5, that the valves are rated for 12gpm. I bet heat wouldn't be an issue. He also said on here somewhere that fluid temps were unchanged after he installed the higher flow pump.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #32  
Guess I'm out of luck. Have a xg3025

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel)
That "custom manufactured exclusively for us" is what tipped me off. I know I won't pay Deplorable's price. It's not even a nice pump. I'd buy it in an off count spline and machine it to what I need before I paid that price. It's less likely to be something odd and specific for their use and more likely to be so they can gouge you on the back end when you need parts. It's immoral. It's also a concern that people should have when buying a tractor like this. What happens when LS stops supplying this part? The tractor becomes a paperweight. When that happens, the LS name will be in the gutter. I smell greed.

I'll find out and report back.

It's possible that the pumps off the MT4 series tractors would work. They are a 9.9 gpm pump, which would probably help quite a bit. The suction side might be a different size though.
It is a 12 spline shaft. Clockwise rotation.

I looked at the MT4 pump and initial thoughts were it would work but the pressure line would have to be modified which is not hard to do.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #34  
That's good to know. Thank you for the help.

Do you know if the MT4 pump has female threads as well as threaded bolt holes, or just bolt holes?

Or are you thinking you could adapt the threaded male fitting on the MT3 tractors to the banjo style on the MT4 pump?

Last edited:
I was never able to get my hands on one due to the crazy parts shortages. I believe that the pressure side is similar to the suction side of the power steering pump. Two bolts and a o-ring seal.

My thoughts were to get the MT4 pump and the section of pressure pipe that comes off the pump. The stock pressure pipe and the new pipe would be cut to length and accept a union to join them.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #36  
That's a good idea. I didn't realize you can use compression fittings on those steel lines. This sounds pretty easy. I'm going to have to do this if I can get ahold of a pump.

Wish I didn't have to go through a dealer for parts though... My closest dealer is 2 hrs away.

It's really a bummer they made it 12 spline. I would have gone with a 12gpm pump if I could use an off the shelf pump.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #37  
That's a good idea. I didn't realize you can use compression fittings on those steel lines. This sounds pretty easy. I'm going to have to do this if I can get ahold of a pump.

Wish I didn't have to go through a dealer for parts though... My closest dealer is 2 hrs away.

It's really a bummer they made it 12 spline. I would have gone with a 12gpm pump if I could use an off the shelf pump.
Yes you can use compression fittings. The tube will most likely be metric, so something like this will work perfectly. Doesn't even need flare.

Attachments

• 1655748363055.png
    1655748363055.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 299

Those are it as PTSG posted. They are hydraulic unions and not a hardware store item. If you follow the existing pressure lines you will find a couple factory unions.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #39  
Does the MT4 have a NH 'equivalent?' I've purchased several parts from the NH dealer (which is open on the weekends) or from online dealers such as Messick's. I havent kept up with what LS model is the same as NH. Just a thought.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #40  
The smallest NH with a pump larger than 8.2 gpm is the workmaster 50. That model has a 12 gpm pump. It's a 9 spline shaft though, and it looks like the implement and steering pumps are a single assembly.

Last edited: