Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel)

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #11  
What loader do you have on the XG3140? If you have the LL3112 I suspect it would perform similar to the LL3106 or the LL3116 on the XR3100 series tractors. If you have the LL3111 the cylinders are a little smaller and I could see the speed being a concern. Like you said though, you could always just run it at a lower RPM if it moves too fast.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #12  
I would wonder if the valving could handle the increased flow or if it would be lifting a relief valve constantly which could cut the seat in it and cause it to fail.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #13  
It is the LL3112 loader.

LouNY any idea how I could find out what the valves are meant to handle?

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel)
I would wonder if the valving could handle the increased flow or if it would be lifting a relief valve constantly which could cut the seat in it and cause it to fail.
I don't see the pressure relief being lifted in normal use. Max psi is still 2400 and change, pretty much factory setting, and I should see a reduced max psi if that were the case.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #15  
I don't see the pressure relief being lifted in normal use. Max psi is still 2400 and change, pretty much factory setting, and I should see a reduced max psi if that were the case.

It may not be lifted, but if something in that system could not handle the increased flow and caused a pressure buildup that could rely on the pressure relief to let excess flow resulting in high pressure return to the system sump. Continual use in that manner could result in relief valve cutting.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #16  
Not to mention trashing the new pump and heating the oil. Going from a 12cc pump to a 16 cc pump is a 33% increase in flow. I would proceed carefully.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #17  
Some service manuals will list the specs for all the hydraulic components on tractors. It might be a good time to check that out.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel)
At 82°F outside and running the PTO mower for 4 hours the oil was 160°F at the suction line. For a hydrostatic transmission I'm comfortable with that temperature.

/ Hydraulic Pump Upgrade (Deplorable Diesel) #19  
Some service manuals will list the specs for all the hydraulic components on tractors. It might be a good time to check that out.

The only flow rate I can find (besides the steering pump) is under the category of "hydraulic lift" at 7.9 gpm and based on the context sounds like it's talking about what the hydraulic pump. The valves are not listed or given flow rates. The specs for all the components would be a godsend because the manual is crap.

I gave up on the pdf manual which supposedly "applied" to the xg3140, went to paper and found all of the same things but the flow rate is 8.2 gpm (once again, for a slighly different model, the xg3137H, specs for the 3140 simply don't exist I guess, even though the engine is mentioned on the prior page)... 12 hp more gets you 100 rpm higher max rpm which, evidently, translate to .3 gpm....

system pressure is 2466psi, looked at the loaders manual and it says "Maximum pressure (Governing loader operation) 2465psi" also states rated flow at 8.2 gpm, which seems to be copy pasted from the tractor.

it seems I'll have to dig for some valves and find the part numbers or something

Last edited: