Gravity ... who needs it?

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
Apparently not this tree.

Leaner.jpg

Well passed 45 degrees and has been for quite some time. Was told it's a Sycamore. Shadow under it hides the exposed roots and nearly complete lack of ground, having been washed out during higher waters. Fairly tall, at least 30', so there's got to be an awful lot of leverage at work.

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #2  
This is a weighty subject. Looks like the trunk is right in line with that mass of rocks, causing a small, local diversion of gravity to a new angle.

I most often experience gravity fluctuations when shooting, causing a miss. This seems to be a steady situation.

Bruce

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #3  
I've noticed that gravity has been steadily increasing over the last 30 years or so.

That tree must have a darned good root system leading away from the stream, to hold it up that well. I couldn't tell from the picture; is the top hung up in the other trees?

/ Gravity ... who needs it?
I couldn't tell from the picture; is the top hung up in the other trees?
No where near. Out over open water.

A week ago, the water was up over the base of trunk completely. Three weeks ago, all of the rocks were submerged. Water is still a bit higher than 'normal.

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #5  
By the looks in back ground more trees are feeling gravity pull.

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #6  
I like gravity, it keeps me from flying off the planet (most of the time).

Be careful if you try to take it down, as removing weight will likely have it set back on the stump.

We had some storms after heavy rains about 7 years ago when I was back in NJ. Had lots of trees do this, as the ground got soft and the trees just fell into the lean. Looked weird seeing the many stump bottoms sticking up all over town and in the local county park.

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #7  
Gravity who needs it? Have you looked at the towing things wrong thread, some people count on gravity a lot. I joke and say “gravity, natures tie down”.

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #8  
Gravity who needs it? Have you looked at the towing things wrong thread, some people count on gravity a lot. I joke and say “gravity, natures tie down”.
Never mind that, just read the "aliens" thread just below this one. Gravity isn't real, and the world is flat. :eek: