Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,961  
having a cup of coffee, happy to stay off my sore foot, and doing some trip fine tuning.
I have a question for our Texans
how bad is driving through the center of Houston on Route 10
at 11 in the morning? I'm headed East to Crystal Beach and really wondering if I want to drive
through center of city. Am wondering if I'd be best to take what looks like several beltways around the city.
But that might be a 8 lane road that flies, ?

Is there enough to see in Galveston to go down there?
really have to loop around Galveston Bay to head East.

hope to get a lot of shrimp cooked in different ways along the Gulf.
and I hope fresh fish.
Shrimp Creole is always good, gumbo will get tried and I sure know better to ask how hot.
am staying along the Gulf all the way to Florida and then heading North, so should be lots of
opportunities for fine seafood along this way.
road to Houston.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #187,962  
Costco called and said they have my tires I ordered in stock. Said I could get installed today, so I’m eating a hot dog and waiting for the tire shop to finish.
Tires 3 yrs old, almost to the day. They will check if road hazard will cover part of the one with the nail, and I mentioned another one that keeps leaking air, it’s been plugged before. I’m not expecting them to offer much, but will take what they do.
Found some interesting pictures in the ones my cousin gave me. Got them all scanned. I brought back 5 more photo albums I found, 2 I’ve scanned already, just decided I would hang onto the originals. But found album with parents wedding photos. I have never seen them. Only 4-5 pictures, and mom’s sister wedding.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,963  
Son started job today. Orientation today, training starts tomorrow. Good thing I swapped vehicles. I had to put more air in tire before coming to Costco after putting air in earlier. And to think I was driving 80 mph on it yesterday.
Local garage said if the plugged, good chance sidewalk would bulge out. I agree, I wouldn’t feel comfortable with a plug on the side like that.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,964  
Is there enough to see in Galveston to go down there?
I would nix Galveston and add SanAntoino - Riverwalk/Alamo come to West Texas - Lagrange - Georgetown - Dallas- stay off I10 near Houston. Now if you want to add a 4 day cruise out of Galveston to Cozumel then keep the Galveston route.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,965  
having a cup of coffee, happy to stay off my sore foot, and doing some trip fine tuning.
I have a question for our Texans
how bad is driving through the center of Houston on Route 10
at 11 in the morning? (It depends on the day you are travelling. Also, direction. People leave Houston going west on I10 starting Thursday afternoon and head back into town on I10 Sunday. If I was going to drive straight through Houston I would use I10.)

I'm headed East to Crystal Beach and really wondering if I want to drive
through center of city. Are you staying at Margaritaville in Crystal Beach? Camp Margaritaville Crystal Beach | Beachfront RV Resort Also the Stingaree is a good place to eat: Stingaree Restaurant | The Best Seafood in Crystal Beach, Texas

Am wondering if I'd be best to take what looks like several beltways around the city.
But that might be a 8 lane road that flies, ?

Is there enough to see in Galveston to go down there? To me there is. To a lot of people maybe not. But I love Galveston. Here are links to some good restaurants in Galveston. Galveston, TX | Hours + Location | Landry's Seafood | Seafood Restaurant in the US Gaido's Seafood Restaurant – The Coastal Classic Shrimp 'N Stuff | Galveston, TX Moody Gardens is a destination place in Galveston and you might like it. Moody Gardens Galveston Texas | Hotel & Amusement Theme Parks | Houston Attractions | Family & Group Vacation Ideas TX This place would be out of the way but if you were going to check out some local color near Galveston I would recommend https://www.gilhooleystx.com/ also: Kemah Boardwalk | Waterfront Dining & Amusements

hope to get a lot of shrimp cooked in different ways along the Gulf.
and I hope fresh fish. You will have plenty of seafood choices east of Houston.
Shrimp Creole is always good, gumbo will get tried and I sure know better to ask how hot.
am staying along the Gulf all the way to Florida and then heading North, so should be lots of
opportunities for fine seafood along this way.
View attachment 859037
Looking back over what I suggested I feel like I have given you a lot of touristy places but some a well known local places like the Shrimp and Stuff on Ave O and 39th in Galveston and The Stingaree. Gilhooley's is a good local place but out of your way. As you are going into Houston on I10 and right there at Katy, Tx there is a good place for cajun seafood Katy | Hours + Location | Babin's Seafood in TX pretty easy on and off I10. And if you are in the mood for more BBQ there is a Rudy's BBQ nextdoor. https://rudysbbq.com/location/detail/houston-i10w-katy-tx
I heard that Margaritaville campground RV resort is nice. A friend stayed there and liked it enough he said he thought about moving in there.
I hope this inf is helpful. You should have a very nice trip!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,966  
I would nix Galveston and add SanAntoino - Riverwalk/Alamo come to West Texas - Lagrange - Georgetown - Dallas- stay off I10 near Houston. Now if you want to add a 4 day cruise out of Galveston to Cozumel then keep the Galveston route.
When I was staying in south TX for the winter. I would take TX. 77 all the way south. Missed all the big cities.
While visiting La Grange Visit Monument Hill State Historical park. Some interesting TX history there.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,967  
I would nix Galveston and add SanAntoino - Riverwalk/Alamo come to West Texas - Lagrange - Georgetown (On this route I would throw in Salado/Belton) Dallas- stay off I10 near Houston. Now if you want to add a 4 day cruise out of Galveston to Cozumel then keep the Galveston route.
I don't shy away from I10 through Houston like a lot do. But I'm used to it. AS far as the Riverwalk-Alamo I would agree but he might have a real pain in DT SA traffic with an RV. Cruise, definately if that is your thing.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,969  
When I was staying in south TX for the winter. I would take TX. 77 all the way south. Missed all the big cities.
While visiting La Grange Visit Monument Hill State Historical park. Some interesting TX history there.
And if he is going through there at the right time there might be something worth the side trip to Round Top. Calendar - Round Top Area Chamber of Commerce and Royer's Round Top Cafe is always worth the detour, to me. Royers Round Top Cafe

/ Good morning!!!! #187,970