Ford 8N high oil pressure

/ Ford 8N high oil pressure
To check the relief spring tension, it should be between 44 and 46 ounces when compressed to 1.4".
I'll just throw in the new one when it gets here.

I also did crack all the fittings and see that oil is flowing everywhere.

/ Ford 8N high oil pressure #13  
Just curious what weight oil did you put in it?

Just curious what weight oil did you put in it?
She'll rotella 15 40 that's what folks around me run, this is in SC. You think that's too heavy of an oil?

/ Ford 8N high oil pressure #16  
No 15w40 is not to heavy, I was just wondering that's all. Just for giggles take the relief plunger out of it and see what pressure you get, it could be that when you changed the oil a bit of debris got past the plunger and plugged up the passage. Yes I'm reaching here but knowing the design of the oil system of the N' tractors it's hard to come up with good reasons for the sudden high pressure.

No 15w40 is not to heavy, I was just wondering that's all. Just for giggles take the relief plunger out of it and see what pressure you get, it could be that when you changed the oil a bit of debris got past the plunger and plugged up the passage. Yes I'm reaching here but knowing the design of the oil system of the N' tractors it's hard to come up with good reasons for the sudden high pressure.
This is probably a stupid question but if I run it without the relief the relief plunger in, oil should come out right? If it doesn't, then the passage would be clogged right?

/ Ford 8N high oil pressure #18  
Yes, with the plunger out it should dump the oil out the bypass passage, just be clear remove the spring and plunger but put the cap back on. Don't worry if the engine has zero pressure for a few minutes at idle, the N engines can and have run on as little as 5 lbs. at full load for years.

If the pressure does not drop then it is a blockage in the bypass passage, I don't really think this is the problem but it might help point toward something else.

Yes, with the plunger out it should dump the oil out the bypass passage, just be clear remove the spring and plunger but put the cap back on. Don't worry if the engine has zero pressure for a few minutes at idle, the N engines can and have run on as little as 5 lbs. at full load for years.

If the pressure does not drop then it is a blockage in the bypass passage, I don't really think this is the problem but it might help point toward something else.
This works put because the new one came in over the weekend so I'll be there anyway and I can test it real quick. So with the cap on but the plunger and spring out the oil pressure should be low because the plunger isnt there restricting the flow ie raising pressure. So if the pressure is still high with the spring and plunger out then we have a blockage somewhere more than likely that's raising the pressure?

This works put because the new one came in over the weekend so I'll be there anyway and I can test it real quick. So with the cap on but the plunger and spring out the oil pressure should be low because the plunger isnt there restricting the flow ie raising pressure. So if the pressure is still high with the spring and plunger out then we have a blockage somewhere more than likely that's raising the pressure?
Well just opened up the package from aftermarket reliable and of course they forgot to send the oil pressure relief valve kit🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ atleast I got the new tachometer cable lol.🙄