Feed hay prices

/ Feed hay prices #11  
I look for my hay guy to go up. I have purchased 4 x 5 roll of costal from him for a long time for $35 a roll of about 800 lbs. I have expected it to be $40 to $45 for the past three years. He also raises chickens, so has chicken litter. I would not be surprised to see $60 or more here for good hay. We still have a lot of people bailing grass (weeds) and selling it for $20-$25 a roll. Most of that a cow won't eat. I am trying to keep my usage down to less than 45 rolls a year. At one time it was over 80.

/ Feed hay prices #12  
Agree. I cant imagine going forward how anyone can continue to afford to own horses after this? I think they calculate the average household will spend $2,000 more per year on fossil fuels. Groceries will probably go up 50-100%, too.

Maybe its part of the “great reset” to get methane fart gas from livestock reduced? Lol
Currently the average family will spend $3000 more per year to cover inflation, per the “experts”

/ Feed hay prices #13  
IDK yet. I usually buy hay at local farms in July/August and stock up for the year. I’m not looking forward to seeing what the going rate will be this summer.

/ Feed hay prices #14  
Wonder what the price point will be to see critter sell off ? The crazy prices may be ok for the top of the one percenters
but it's going to be pretty tough on those that were just getting by to begin with.
Do you know how much a household needs to make to be in the 1% category? It’s not as high as you would think.

/ Feed hay prices #15  
I keep hearing it varies depending on geography...

Then again I went to school with the kids of a Pan Am executive and somewhere his salary was posted which was impressive and then my Dad said isn't that the family with 10 kids?

But, working for Pan Am all the kids flew free... if we had a 3 day weekend my friend would fly to Hong Kong or Australia, etc... just for fun.

I wonder what percent those with 500 million yachts are?

/ Feed hay prices #16  
I keep hearing it varies depending on geography...

Then again I went to school with the kids of a Pan Am executive and somewhere his salary was posted which was impressive and then my Dad said isn't that the family with 10 kids?

But, working for Pan Am all the kids flew free... if we had a 3 day weekend my friend would fly to Hong Kong or Australia, etc... just for fun.

I wonder what percent those with 500 million yachts are?
Since most of those $500M yacht people are from Russia, they have to be a tiny fraction of a percent.

/ Feed hay prices #17  
I still have 100 bales to pick up from my hay guy that I already paid for, just need to go get them. I will learn what this year's price will be then. If he goes up from $8 to $10 for a square bale it will be an extra $400, as I only use 200 square bales/year. Well worth it to keep the wife happy. He puts out good quality horse hay so he is entitled to earn a profit.

/ Feed hay prices #18  
I'm seeing horse quality square bales go from $8 to $10 in my area of East Texas. I'm nervous about round bales. Last year I paid $65 for full 6 foot horse quality bales delivered 18 at a time. I'm seeing 5 foot bales from last year selling for the same price right now, but that's normal for end of the season pricing.

/ Feed hay prices
Since most of those $500M yacht people are from Russia, they have to be a tiny fraction of a percent.
Uh that would be false. We have a very large group of oligarchs amassing in the US.
Most are in the internet web based businesses. They have a lot more control on policy making in this country than most Americans could ever believe.

/ Feed hay prices #20  
Uh that would be false. We have a very large group of oligarchs amassing in the US.
Most are in the internet web based businesses. They have a lot more control on policy making in this country than most Americans could ever believe.
No doubt that’s true.