Eutectic 2 cycle oil

/ Eutectic 2 cycle oil #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I came across a few cans of 2 cycle oil called Granberg Eutectic Two Cycle - says it is mixed at 100:1 ratio and is good in all 2 cycle motors - Chainsaws, pumps, mowers, trimmers, etc. Claims to be better (of course) than regular 2 cycle oil mix.

I can't find anything on the web about this stuff but I did find this http://www.opti2-4.com/opti-2.htm

Has anyone heard of either of these, used them, know anything about them or ???

Thanks for any comments.

Bob

Last edited:
   / Eutectic 2 cycle oil #2  
I found 2 mentions of Granberg Eutectic oil, from 20-30 years ago!
How old are those cans?:laughing:

/ Eutectic 2 cycle oil #4  
Use them in your oil gun, then you won't feel like you wasted them. :laughing:

/ Eutectic 2 cycle oil
Use them in your oil gun, then you won't feel like you wasted them. :laughing:

I spoke with the Paul from Interlube regarding this. He says they used to be the supplier of Granberg Eutectic but that was 25 or 30 years ago.

The new generation is OPTI-2 and there is a dealer near me in Central Ontario. Paul suggested with the changes in gasoline (unleaded and ethanol added) he would strongly urge me to move to the newer product.

Like travelover suggested, the old oil will serve its life best now in an oil gun.

Bob

/ Eutectic 2 cycle oil #6  
I spoke with the Paul from Interlube regarding this. He says they used to be the supplier of Granberg Eutectic but that was 25 or 30 years ago.

The new generation is OPTI-2 and there is a dealer near me in Central Ontario. Paul suggested with the changes in gasoline (unleaded and ethanol added) he would strongly urge me to move to the newer product.

Like travelover suggested, the old oil will serve its life best now in an oil gun.

Bob

Or put it in your diesel mixed at 300:1

/ Eutectic 2 cycle oil #8  
Would I do that for some lubrication advantage or just to use it up?

Adds a little lubricity to the new deisel that it lost with the extraction of sulfer in the new ULSD. It will also burn it up and you will get a little work out of that oil at this time where offroad is $3.70 gallon.