What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #11  
Every bottle of 2 stroke oil I've purchased in the last umpteen years has a clear sight gauge on the side. I just determine how many ounces per gallon I need to achieve the mix I want, set the bottle on a level surface, and mark the side of the gauge with my thumb as to how many ounces I want to pour in the gas can. I pour slowly and stop often to check on a level surface until the level gets down to my thumb.

Don't over complicate it. ;)

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #12  
   / What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #13  

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #14  
I just use the built in measuring tool that comes with the 2 stroke oil container. I happen to use Husqvarna but pretty much every brand uses the container.

1688758091162.png

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #15  
That would be good if they had a cap on them. For my needs all my fuel/oil is left in a open shed and this would collect junk.

I use so.ething like the OP posted. I buy 1gal 2 stroke oil jugs.
I store mine upside down , with a paper towel inserted, wrapped in a plastic bag, on the shop shelf.

A look, a wipe, and good to go EVERY TIME.

Plus I use a screened fuel funnel to catch the stuff that gets into the fuel jug, before it get's into the saw tank.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #17  
You can purchase Stihl, Echo and and Husky 2 cycle engine oil (and it's all JASO MA rated) in plastic single use bottles designed to mix in 1 gallon of gasoline and they come individually or in 6 packs plus they all have fuel stabilizer in them as well. They mix at 50-1.

I tend to use the Echo Red Armor because it has the lowest ash content of any of them but only in a pinch because I prefer the synthetic fuel (Tru-Fuel or Echo Red Armor) in gallon jugs.

Modern 2 stroke engines are just fine at 50-1 though you can buy Tru-Fuel at 40-1 as well. I keep a quart of the 40-1 for breaking in a new saw.

One thing about the synthetic fuel is, it don't stink like pump gas and the shelf life is at least 5 years. I watch for sales at Home Depot or Menards and buy it then.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #18  
Mix it with 5L of fuel, rinse it out and you're good, also in different size bottles if you need more:

View attachment 809912
Like I said, the Echo pre mix has the lowest ash content of any of them. Interestingly, the Stihl oil is the highest. My 40+ year old Stihl 028 that I bought new decades ago when I pull the muffler, there is no carbon buildup in the exhaust port at all. It gets a steady diet of either Tru-Fuel or Red Armor 50-1 pre mix.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #19  
Generally I use Royal Purple 2 stroke oil.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #20  
.... there is no carbon buildup in the exhaust port at all.
Just this spring I pulled the muffler off my Echo PAS266 Trimmer (7 years old) and Echo CS370 chainsaw (8± years old) that has been fed only Echo two stroke like in the pic. Not a spec of carbon in either.
I'm assuming part of the reason, other that using a good brand name oil, is that when they're running, they're run wide open when they're run, or not at all. Only time they're idling is just started cold or when they're cooling off from running.