Electric UTVs

/ Electric UTVs #11  
I have a 2012 Polaris Ranger EV.

Bought it used on Labor Day 2020.

It had 336 hours on it with 8 48V new deep cells recently installed plus the optional extra 2 lithium’s to add a little power / range .

I love ❤️ the thing .

Besides about the 10 gallons or so of distilled water and some grease the operational costs have been zero .

Plenty of range and power to work all day around the farm.

Whisper quiet, have it registered and insured to run down the road .

Female and dog friendly.

Just really love ❤️ it and won’t ever be selling anytime soon .
EE1D7773-81B3-464D-A3AE-FF8192D09039.jpeg
E550EFBE-335D-450D-8566-9B0991BC0787.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Electric UTVs #12  

It had 336 hours on it with 8 48V new deep cells recently installed plus the optional extra 2 lithium’s to add a little power / range .
You were able to mix tradtional flooded lead acid and lithium ion batteries in one pack?

/ Electric UTVs #13  
No the 2 extra batteries just power up the 12V things.

Lights , winch , plug in accessories .

Never really looked into it that much because I bought it that way and the units been flawless so far.

The main batteries 🔋 are down to about 85% after 2 and a half years of ownership and routine maintenance.

Attachments

• 6C3E5693-9323-4AE9-8CFF-3592BF598629.jpeg
    6C3E5693-9323-4AE9-8CFF-3592BF598629.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 77
   / Electric UTVs #14  
No the 2 extra batteries just power up the 12V things.

Lights , winch , plug in accessories .

Never really looked into it that much because I bought it that way and the units been flawless so far.

The main batteries 🔋 are down to about 85% after 2 and a half years of ownership and routine maintenance.
Ok. That makes more sense.

When your main batteries finally go, there is a thread on here somewhere where a guy replaced his flooded lead acid batteries with Lithium Ion (I believe the package came with a new charger as well). Not a cheap swap, but might be worth considering when you get to the point where you need to replace them.

/ Electric UTVs #15  
Mrs. T decided she wanted an EV UTV. In our particular situation, it seems to be a good fit. A work UTV on our retirement property. No trail riding. No risk of running out of 'juice'. Just us and some dog, so 3 seats is plenty.

She chose the Chinese one. (I know). Hisun Sector E1. $13500 with winch, windscreen and roof standard. I don't like buying Chinese products, but also will not bite off my nose to spite my face.

There are too few choices right now and Polaris made theirs such a 'deluxe' model that the prices were crazy. The Kinetic starts at $25k. Once you add in some basics, it is more than double the price. I figure worst case it breaks down after warranty and we have to buy new...still less money. Maybe by then, a few more choices will be available.

/ Electric UTVs #16  

Seems very affordable...LOL

BTW, what did it cost to replace the batteries the first time with "standard" batteries?

/ Electric UTVs #17  

I love ❤️ the thing .
Typo? It comes with 8, 12V deep cycle batteries wired in two series strings of 4, in parallel to get 48V.

When your main batteries finally go, there is a thread on here somewhere where a guy replaced his flooded lead acid batteries with Lithium Ion (I believe the package came with a new charger as well). Not a cheap swap, but might be worth considering when you get to the point where you need to replace them.
I did that and there are others. Here is mine: Electric Polaris Ranger

Here is a good Site for info: Polaris Ranger EV

Last edited:
   / Electric UTVs #18  
I really dislike my Mule.

It is noisy and has a top speed of only 25 mph. I have to change the oil every 50 hours and it costs $40 for the oil change kit. Then there is the constant filling with gas at $4/gallon. I must go through $150 of fuel a year. The costs really add up. At $200/year I could have a lithium battery pack paid off in 20-25 years.

I paid $8200 for it new.

One time, we went for a drive when the power went out to check on the neighbors. We ended up cruising for three hours. Thankfully we had enough fuel, or we could have been stranded somewhere. Power was still out when we got home but I had gas stored so it worked out OK.

The damn thing came with a three year warranty so I could not put a silencer on it. Warranty ends this year so I can finally look at adding one.

Just priced the Polaris Kinetic EV and it was close to $30k. I must be stupid.

/ Electric UTVs #20  
Do a Google search for "Textron Electric UTV"....They make a variety...Textron is a major player in light electric vehicles and many other things...