Electric UTVs

/ Electric UTVs #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
I've severe neuropathy (idiopathic) in my lower legs; so, I can no longer drive my Miata nor my wife's Mazda3. So, I'll have garage space next to my tractor where the Miata is.

Been looking into UTVs. Seems JD no longer makes its small diesel Gator that has only a 1 gallon fuel tank. Now most gas and diesel UTVs have excessive massive 21+ hp engines.

So, the only thing that makes sense is an electric one. So far, I've only located JD and Polaris who both have them at around 15k$.

Anyone have one of these or something else? I no longer use gasoline so would prefer to stay away from gasoline.

Wife could use the UTV to tote her stuff about.

/ Electric UTVs #2  
Polaris’ old electric UTV could use an update (still uses flooded lead acid batteries). Their new one - Polaris Ranger XP Kinetic - sounds like they made a really deluxe version and thought of everything. I have yet to see one myself, but the reviews are good.

Last edited:
   / Electric UTVs
I have a Ryobi ZT with lead acid batteries. Agree that lithium would be better.

/ Electric UTVs #4  
Many golf car manufactures make utility vehicles. Club Car, E-Z-Go and Yamaha come to mind.

There is a pretty robust used market too. I've got several dealers near me and they all will customize the rig to your specifications. Prices seem in line with the popular UTVs sold by the power sports dealers.

/ Electric UTVs
Think golf carts are only 2wd. Must have 4wd.

There is a JD Gator TH that is 6x4. The diesel version seems to be near 20k$ now. The EV one is only 2wd.

/ Electric UTVs
Polaris’ old electric UTV could use an update (still uses flooded lead acid batteries). Their new one - Polaris Ranger XP Kinetic - sounds like they made a really deluxe version and thought of everything. I have yet to see one myself, but the reviews are good.
The Kinetic is rather pricey.

/ Electric UTVs #7  
The Kinetic is rather pricey.
It sure is! It’s certainly more capable that just about every other electric UTV I’ve seen or read about. I briefly considered getting one, but the price was not justifiable for me. It’s also larger and faster than I need. If they come out with a smaller and less “deluxe” model, I’d consider one.

/ Electric UTVs #9  
There are 4x4 electric golf cart models available
Here's an example company who apparently starts with ezgo models: Mars 4X4 72 Volt Golf Cart Prowler EV: Electric Side by side UTV
Don't know anything about quality etc., just that they do exist and something like it may fit the bill for your needs

There's also 4x4 conversion kits available for a lot of different electric carts if you need one on the cheap

Last edited: