Dump Truck recommendation

/ Dump Truck recommendation #21  
I had a 95 k3500 mason dump with 350 and 4l80e trans. I got more like 7-8mpg. Idk how your getting 12 with a bed the shape of a box. My 2012 suburban hardly even gets 12mpg.

On a side note my state requires commercial car insurance on any dump truck and that first year it cost me $1400..for a truck I paid $800 for. I almost sold it after that. After about 5yrs it was down to about $600 a year. I have no accident or tickets on my record for the previous 10yrs. I also dont live in a city. I'm glad the truck is gone now as a trailer does nearly the same as a mason dump with less expenses.

My ton with a 6.5 turbo diesel averaged 11 mpg loaded or empty.
IMG_8923.JPG

/ Dump Truck recommendation #22  
I had this dump truck years ago and it was pretty simple to fix, even with 4WD & diesel engine.

1675736041981.jpeg

/ Dump Truck recommendation #23  
I had this dump truck years ago and it was pretty simple to fix, even with 4WD & diesel engine.

View attachment 782778

I saw this truck on marketplace the other day with 455 hp and a 10speed transmission. Why can’t you find a single axel dump with that kind of power?
IMG_3952.JPG

/ Dump Truck recommendation #25  
I saw this truck on marketplace the other day with 455 hp and a 10speed transmission. Why can’t you find a single axel dump with that kind of power? View attachment 782786
What are you talking about?
You can order one, but most vocational trucks have low power to keep them going slow down the road and lasting many years on lower power.

Last edited:
   / Dump Truck recommendation #27  
I am starting to shop for a dump truck. You can usually find one not for much more than a dump trailer, and my Tacoma can't tow that much, and a dump truck is more manurable.
I need it to be able to haul my Kubota L3430 (about 7k lb with backhoe, plus trailer) and a load (gravel, dirt, wood chips)
I'd like one based on a 1 ton+ truck, bc my tractor can only lift 8 feet, and anything heavy like boulders I plan to
Anything you can recommend for 10k or less? old and ugly don't scare me much, but rusty and leaky is something I will avoid.

So far I seem to find that most 1 tons with dump bodies seem to have weaker/cheapest engines and may not be good to haul and tow.
4x4 also seems to be a rarity, but maybe less of a big deal on a dump truck, although in order to make out of my drive steep drive way typically helps.

Any tips appreciated.

Here you go, even in your location.

https://www.machinerytrader.com/listing/for-sale/214909481/1994-ford-ln8000-dump-trucks

1675773173406.png

/ Dump Truck recommendation #28  
He wants a single axle dump with big power, like the single axle tractor in the picture.
I know a few guys who run 400HP single axle road tractors converted to dumps. Still can’t load bed with much and tow at same time. Suck down a lot of fuel, too. Most can only handle a 9’ bed.
That Old Dominion truck has seen a lot of miles and backfires in the driver seat, too lol

/ Dump Truck recommendation #29  
My ton with a 6.5 turbo diesel averaged 11 mpg loaded or empty. View attachment 782759

You are only about 4k over gvw, my kinda load:) The 3500HD's of that era were good, heavy duty trucks. Better than the early Ford Super Duty's.

/ Dump Truck recommendation #30  
You are only about 4k over gvw, my kinda load:) The 3500HD's of that era were good, heavy duty trucks. Better than the early Ford Super Duty's.

That’s a regular 3500 not a 3500hd. If it was an hd it wouldn’t be overloaded.