Dump trailer direct wire?

/ Dump trailer direct wire? #21  
   / Dump trailer direct wire? #22  
Buy a Spare Battery. Eliminate all the connectors etc. You will need a substantial Switch like a Solenoid. Perhaps a DPDT if you also have to power down.

/ Dump trailer direct wire?
Buy a Spare Battery. Eliminate all the connectors etc. You will need a substantial Switch like a Solenoid. Perhaps a DPDT if you also have to power down.
What would I need to switch? And why would I need a couple pole double throw switch?

/ Dump trailer direct wire? #24  
I use the Anderson style connectors on my dump and hydraulic dove tail goose neck trailer batteries as well as my tractors and pick up. This allowed me to create a "modular" system to provide emergency power to any battery that gets weak by plugging the trailer into the tow vehicle. I also keep a set of jumper cables that I made that plugs into any of the connectors.

I do keep the batteries in the trailers, but I also keep a battery maintainer on all of them which greatly enhances their life.

Keeping small batteries in the various electric start small engines I use was killing me, so now I just jump them from one of the tractors in lieu of keeping batteries in them.

I use #2 welding copper wire and it works fine for my application. The longest set I have is about 25 feet.

/ Dump trailer direct wire? #25  
I keep a battery jump box in my truck all the time. I have used it on the dump trailer, the rollback trailer and sometimes I use it to jump something off.

/ Dump trailer direct wire? #26  
@LD1, what did you end up doing, with this?

2ga pure copper welding wire, 24' with an anderson connector out the back of the truck.
Same thing but 8' hooked to the trailer battery.

Plug it in when I hook trailer up is the plan. Havent done it yet.

DOnt use dump trailer behind the truck much. Mainly only to deliver firewood. Everything around my property it gets hooked to the hydraulics on the tractor. So I dont imagine ill have a change to try it for another few months, but I dont anticipate any issues

/ Dump trailer direct wire? #28  
Your plan should work for casual use, BUT installing a REAL hydraulic system is the only way to go. I junked my battery system and went with an old combine pump, 8 hp gas motor, and standard 2-way valve for the power up plus power down that my trailer has!
Got tired of new batteries going dead half way thru the dump cycle.
Gas motor raises and lowers the bed 10 times faster than the original junk the factory had on it and I am a happy camper!
I use the trailer every day a LOT so even tho it is another motor to maintain, its worth it to me.
On some jobs the motor never gets shut down. we move dozens of loads of dirt a day with it now.

Your plan should work for casual use, BUT installing a REAL hydraulic system is the only way to go. I junked my battery system and went with an old combine pump, 8 hp gas motor, and standard 2-way valve for the power up plus power down that my trailer has!
Got tired of new batteries going dead half way thru the dump cycle.
Gas motor raises and lowers the bed 10 times faster than the original junk the factory had on it and I am a happy camper!
I use the trailer every day a LOT so even tho it is another motor to maintain, its worth it to me.
On some jobs the motor never gets shut down. we move dozens of loads of dirt a day with it now.
Casual is all I ever need out of the electric part of the dump.

I have quick connects on the hoses at the pump. I disconnect them and plug them into tractor remotes for most of my needs. No need for a gas motor/pump combo when a couple hydraulic hoses to the tractor do the trick nicely.

Hauling logs from the woods, doors stay open. No need to even get off seat. Hit lever and keep driving.

IMG_20191021_144218042.jpg

/ Dump trailer direct wire? #30  
Sure-Trac????? WOW, so is mine,--cept mine is older than yours--- think mine says 2007 on the man. tag! They are good trailere BUT their idea of runnin wires thru the frame tubing was about the stupidest idea on the planet!! Rodents have a field day in there. ALL of the wires on mine are destroyed and there is no way to put new ones in there, besides,--who wants them in there.
Gotta run sealed conduit on mine when I get a chance and forget about the "in-frame" stuff! lol!