Burned Up Trailer Wiring

/ Burned Up Trailer Wiring #21  
My 2013 Silverado turns off everything after 15 minutes even if key is in accessory position.
That could really be a problem if broke down or otherwise parked on the shoulder, especially after dark. I hope you always have flares on hand in case of emergency. Thankfully none of mine are like that but I carry flares anyhow.

/ Burned Up Trailer Wiring #22  
On my PJ dump trailer it has fuses on both the positive and negative sides of the charging circuit for the trailer battery. If you have smoke its most definitely a short circuit somewhere, a bad ground prevents flow of electricity so that would be highly unlikely. Id trace out your harness from the 7 pin at your truck to the junction box then onto the trailer battery and finally to the pump. More than likely the short would be on the charging circuit based on your description so I'd primarily focus on that side of the wiring. Adding a fuse to the charging circuit would definitely help for future problems but ultimately, it's caused by a short circuit.

/ Burned Up Trailer Wiring #23  
Well I have to admit I have not checked the emergency flashers. But I know that the radio interior lights power to the trailer connection and maybe a few other things.