Drawbar pull capability

/ Drawbar pull capability
What is it you are looking to pull?

Pulling a plow at 1 mph is different than wanting to pull the same plow at 10 mph.
It'd be pulls in each gear of your tractor.

/ Drawbar pull capability #12  
To many variables for this to be real accurate if used by random people under random conditions. Would be interesting to see the various results though.

Some of the variables are:
Type of Tires: turf, R4, R1
tread left on tires
Bar or lug angle 23, 30, 45 degree etc.
tractor weight,
type of soil,

/ Drawbar pull capability #13  
$141k... puts some of our whining about pickup truck pricing in perspective! :D
That was 20 years ago.
They’re $350K-$400K now.
I paid $40k for mine, well used, which is dirt cheap. It was 22 years old. Still makes 250PTO HP.
Magnums are stupid powerful & heavy.

Buy weight just as much as you buy HP/TQ.

Last edited:
   / Drawbar pull capability #14  
Pulling a plow at 1 mph is different than wanting to pull the same plow at 10 mph.
I'd assume that's why they're giving the data in horsepower, rather than pounds force.

To many variables for this to be real accurate if used by random people under random conditions. Would be interesting to see the various results though.

tread left on tires
tractor weight,
type of soil,
Yes. That's true. And kinda the point. If you have 10 readings of an L6060, someone looking at an L6060 can say that's close to my setup, I'll get about that much pull given X conditions.

Eventually, there will be enough readings where a good picture of the tractor and various setups will emerge.

/ Drawbar pull capability #16  

tread left on tires
tractor weight,
type of soil,
How recently the gauge was calibrated against a known standard.

/ Drawbar pull capability #17  
Most of the variables thrown out are traction-limiting factors. But drawbar pull in horsepower could be taken in a higher gear, where traction is not the limiting factor. Again, I suspect this is why it's given in horsepower, rather than pounds force.

How recently the gauge was calibrated against a known standard.
Dude. This isn't for weighing diamonds or medicine. A 25k pull gauge that is accurate to about 50-100lbs won't run out of spec so fast as to invalidate results. Even if there were drift that caused the scale to have +/- 100lbs, it wouldn't make much difference in a 5k lb pull for this purpose.

Most of the variables thrown out are traction-limiting factors. But drawbar pull in horsepower could be taken in a higher gear, where traction is not the limiting factor. Again, I suspect this is why it's given in horsepower, rather than pounds force.
That's true. Tie to a big tree and pull in a gear available in most tractors like 4H

/ Drawbar pull capability #20  
I would think the Nebraska tractor tests are all done on the same grounds?