DIY Leaf rake and carry all

/ DIY Leaf rake and carry all #1  

2515R Dude

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2515R
Was browsing for some metal at my local metal recycle place. Found some good size angles.
for $0.30 per pound it was not a brainer.
Ordered some baler teeth online.

The Carry all come out much stronger than the store bought but i actually have no use for it besides attaching the rake.
I built it because all the internet full of "must have attachments".

The leaf rake,,, haven have a chance to really use it. Frankly i think it is useless for my 60 acre property. It works well for a small territory tho
But anyway, wanted to share

Attachments

• 20221004_175335.jpg
    20221004_175335.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 276
  • 20221004_175341.jpg
    20221004_175341.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 268
  • 20221214_142121.jpg
    20221214_142121.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 262
  • 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 258
  • 20221005_145414.jpg
    20221005_145414.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 286
   / DIY Leaf rake and carry all #2  
Work surprisingly well, I would've expected the teeth to get full of leaves then stop piking them up.

/ DIY Leaf rake and carry all
Work surprisingly well, I would've expected the teeth to get full of leaves then stop piking them up.
It is what actually happens. It cleans very well until it doesn't. every 20 yard or so, depending on the amount of leaves, I had to stop, lift 3pnt, drive a couple of feet back to release accumulated leaves and continue. Then with the brush forks i built, i pick up those smaller piles to a larger one. For 1-3 acre it would be real good. I have 60 acres with at least 20-23 which i wanted to clean.
It is why i said that it would work for smaller properties.

But again, since i made it, I've tried it only one time, so no real experience yet.

Last edited:
   / DIY Leaf rake and carry all #4  
I'd like to see a picture of the brush forks you made if available. Right now, I blow the leaves into rows and then lift them into a 4 x 4 x 8 trailer then dump in a mulch pile. Looking to fabricate a "Leaf Box" of some kind to simplify the process. I've got a couple acres of lawn and lots of oak trees.

/ DIY Leaf rake and carry all #5  
Best solution to get rid of oak leaf on a big place is a Agrimetal tuffvac 4000 or is little brother 4420.

I own a 4420 and it a great machine with a live floor to unload. Unfortunatly, the 4420 is no longer in production.

The tuff vac can be run on pto or stand alone with a 27 hp kolher engine.

Happy raking!!

1682393386257.png

1682393629197.png

Edit: adding website

Last edited:
   / DIY Leaf rake and carry all #6  
Best solution to get rid of oak leaf on a big place is a Agrimetal tuffvac 4000 or is little brother 4420.

I own a 4420 and it a great machine with a live floor to unload. Unfortunatly, the 4420 is no longer in production.

The tuff vac can be run on pto or stand alone with a 27 hp kolher engine.

Happy raking!!

View attachment 797478
View attachment 797479

Edit: adding website
That looks fantastic!
How frequently do you have to dump it?

Also looks high dollar. I didn't see a price on the website how much do they get for those?

/ DIY Leaf rake and carry all #7  
I think the 4420 sell new for 10K $cad.

Don't know for the 4000, but itis bigger than mine.

The dump frequency is in direct relation with the quantity of stuff on the ground.

But at least, I don't pickup all of this by hand.

You learn how to improve your circuit to optimize your time and always cleaning while travelling to the dump.

/ DIY Leaf rake and carry all #8  
For the 4400 unit at $10 K CDN is $7-8K USD is not too bad considering Trac Vac's are $2500-3500, and Cyclone rakes are similar, but have a lot less capacity and capability.

If I had a big property or did commercial cleanups of large areas that would be the ticket.

I'd like to see a picture of the brush forks you made if available. Right now, I blow the leaves into rows and then lift them into a 4 x 4 x 8 trailer then dump in a mulch pile. Looking to fabricate a "Leaf Box" of some kind to simplify the process. I've got a couple acres of lawn and lots of oak trees.

Update.
Last fall after 10 minutes use i was not impressed with how it worked. Then the winter came and i never got a chance to property evaluate it.
Now come spring and it was the time to give it a try.

After i got a hold how to use it, adjusted the upper arm correctly i was really impressed by its performance.
I tried to clean 4-5 acres of my wooded area off leftover leaves and twigs. I collected it in large piles, then loaded to the trailer using FFL bucket with attached forks and then dumped all of it to my creek. Took me all together less than four hours.

Good thing i let it another chance since my initial thought was to sell it.