Combine Turned Snow Blower

/ Combine Turned Snow Blower #11  
One was advertised for sale on Spokane/ Coeur d' Alene Craigslist. it was a VERY similar looking one.
Maybe this is more common than I thought. looking deeper this one appears to be out of Minnesota.

Driving forward with a cab has got to be nice but it is still a 2 wheel drive.

Sure seems to work well.

He put up a vid of his Shop. WOW...

Nice shop, wish mine was that clean. Mine is air conditioned and heated and I have an overhead hoist that runs the length of it. No CNC machining centers other than a Bridgeport Versa Trak. Only have one surface grinder but mine is bigger and I bought it new as well. I have a large Dake, hydraulic arbor press for broaching mostly. More into welding than machinig stuff, I do have 3 lathes, all engine lathes however, no second operation lathe (which is what the Hardridge is), no need for one.

No pictures though. My camera died about a year ago and never replaced it.

/ Combine Turned Snow Blower #12  
One was advertised for sale on Spokane/ Coeur d' Alene Craigslist. it was a VERY similar looking one.
Maybe this is more common than I thought. looking deeper this one appears to be out of Minnesota.

Driving forward with a cab has got to be nice but it is still a 2 wheel drive.

Sure seems to work well.

He put up a vid of his Shop. WOW...

Is there a 4x4 combine that's skinny enough to fit inside the snow blower?

I swear I saw one set up that way.

/ Combine Turned Snow Blower #13  
Works for me but... Lets not push winter right now...ok? I never look back and get twisted up. Have video camera's for that. IMO, Loftness and Helm Mfg., make the best blowers.
I'm interested in your cameras.

I need something. How big are the screens?

The cataracts aren't screen friendly.

/ Combine Turned Snow Blower #14  
Is there a 4x4 combine that's skinny enough to fit inside the snow blower?

I swear I saw one set up that way.

Internet is hard to read sometimes but that was a joke I think :)

Well the head is the widest part generally same rule for snow blowers, always make the blower width wider than the track width.

Could be. Most combines I have seen are 2 wd. Usually cut when plants are grown and fields are dry so 4wd shouldn't be needed.
Then again some growers do have challenging geography that would / could require 4wd.

/ Combine Turned Snow Blower #15  
Many of the newer combines are all wheel drive and there have been a few conversions done that I've seen pictures of. This conversion would be tight to fit chains on but 2wd with chains and the majority of the weight on the drivers would go quite well.

/ Combine Turned Snow Blower
Bumping an old thread I see. Right on!

I was impressed with this concept. Its a good way to recycle.

/ Combine Turned Snow Blower #18  
Internet is hard to read sometimes but that was a joke I think :)

Well the head is the widest part generally same rule for snow blowers, always make the blower width wider than the track width.

Could be. Most combines I have seen are 2 wd. Usually cut when plants are grown and fields are dry so 4wd shouldn't be needed.
Then again some growers do have challenging geography that would / could require 4wd.
There's a lot of 4wd, tracked, rear wheel assist combines around here.
The machine would need to be about 8' wide. I wouldn't want to go much wider than 10' on the snowblower

/ Combine Turned Snow Blower #19