Clearing Snow Off An Open Station

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station
Some great suggestions, guys. Thanks for being so helpful. Going to keep rolling with my big tarp and play around with positioning while I try to figure out a more permanent cover.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #22  
You being from New England you know what freezing rain can do,I would cover dash and control levers also expose pistons.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #23  
A complete shelter should be your goal. Sunlight really destroys tires... mine were weather cracking by the time they were 3 years old.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #24  
Might consider a more substantial "temporary" shelter ""IF"" ROPS/Roof will fit under door frame...

Best check the snow load rating if going in this direction

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #25  
Get a carport put up and plywood at least the top half of the sides... You can always move it and reuse it for attachments and whatnot later.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #26  
   / Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #27  
Any way you can hang a tarp (off trees or the side of a building) at an angle to make a lean-to you can drive under? Even if the snow doesn't completely slide off a push broom will clean it off by pushing up on the inside to help it slide off, then you are ready for the next storm. It would be easier to drive under something than to
tarp-on/tarp-off each time.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #28  
If it has not already been said, you should add Power Service diesel fuel supplement (white bottle) to prevent fuel gelling.

Congrats on your new rig!

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #29  
Why not buy a car cover…

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #30  
Using ANY open station tractor for snow removal is purely a self inflicted injury thing. I'm not that nuts. I like heat and comfort.